Feb 11, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
NBCSN’s new daily NASCAR show, “NASCAR AMERICA,” will launch on February 24. The first edition will air at 5 p.m. ET and run daily at the same time for 30 minutes. The timing makes sense, as it will occur the day after this year’s Daytona 500, and provide the first new original coverage under the NBC Sports Group’s return to NASCAR.
NBC Sports and NBCSN Executive Producer Sam Flood made the official announcement on Tuesday. A mix of driver, team, crew profiles, opinions and insights from analysts and looks inside race shops and tracks are among the expected topics.
“NASCAR AMERICA will engage the true racing fan in a number of ways, providing viewers with a mix of breaking news, storytelling and daily features,” Flood said in a release. “We’re going to celebrate the traditions as well as the changing landscape of the sport from coast to coast with wide-ranging content that feeds America’s passion for racing.”
The show will be broadcast from Stamford, Ct., NBC Sports Group’s International Broadcast Center. NBC NASCAR announcer Rick Allen will serve as primary host, with Leigh Diffey, F1 and IndyCar announcer, also hosting at times. Charlotte-based reporters Marty Snider and Kelli Stavast will also play a prominent role.
Guest analysts who will join NASCAR AMERICA throughout February and March include NBC Sports NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton, Sprint Cup Champion Bobby Labonte, Kyle Petty, Ken Schrader, and crew chief Frank Stoddard.
Future guest analysts, which will include former and current drivers and crew chiefs, NASCAR executives, and even prominent fans such as NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, will be announced at a later date.
Because NBC Sports also shows F1, IndyCar and other motorsports series, other input will come at times from the organizations’ IndyCar and Formula One on-air talent. Diffey, Wally Dallenbach, Townsend Bell, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton, will each contribute from various locations around the world.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 12
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2