Feb 12, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Danica Patrick will be in action at the NASCAR Nationwide Series opener at Daytona International Speedway next week, the DRIVE4COPD 300, in Turner Scott Motorsports’ No. 30 Florida Lottery Chevrolet Camaro.
“Turner Scott Motorsports is a great organization and I worked really well with Mike Greci (crew chief) and the whole team in both of the races I did with them last year,” she said in a release. “I know that I’m definitely capable of a win this year working with that group, it just comes down to making it until the end. I have to thank the Florida Lottery for coming on board; they’re giving me the opportunity to run this race and to support education in the State of Florida.”
Patrick also raced for TSM in last year’s Nationwide curtain-raiser. In 60 career Nationwide starts, Patrick has one top-five finish (fourth at Las Vegas in 2011) and seven top-10 finishes.
She’s traditionally run well at Daytona – even leading some laps early – but has yet to deliver a Daytona finish representative of her efforts in the restrictor plate races, either due to mechanical issues or being caught up in the notorious “Big One” accidents.
Of course, her name was in the headlines earlier this week due to some comments made by Richard Petty.
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 0
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)