Feb 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
J.J. Yeley has a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ride for 2014, in the No. 44 XXXTreme Motorsports Chevrolet. It’s a perfect partnership for driver-and-team that like the same letters back-to-back.
Yeley, 37, has competed in Sprint Cup since 2004, and raced four full seasons including a pair with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2006 and 2007. In 202 career starts, he has two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
Yeley shifts to the fledgling operation from Tommy Baldwin Racing. The Phoenix native won’t start the Daytona 500 next week, but the team will compete beginning at Phoenix the week after.
XXXTreme’s past two drivers, David Reutimann and Scott Riggs, have start-and-parked in the team’s handful of past starts. The plan for now is to change that. We’ll see if the team makes any forward strides throughout 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- What we’re thankful in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 1
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3