Feb 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
J.J. Yeley has a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ride for 2014, in the No. 44 XXXTreme Motorsports Chevrolet. It’s a perfect partnership for driver-and-team that like the same letters back-to-back.
Yeley, 37, has competed in Sprint Cup since 2004, and raced four full seasons including a pair with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2006 and 2007. In 202 career starts, he has two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
Yeley shifts to the fledgling operation from Tommy Baldwin Racing. The Phoenix native won’t start the Daytona 500 next week, but the team will compete beginning at Phoenix the week after.
XXXTreme’s past two drivers, David Reutimann and Scott Riggs, have start-and-parked in the team’s handful of past starts. The plan for now is to change that. We’ll see if the team makes any forward strides throughout 2014.
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 8
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 6
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1