Feb 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
J.J. Yeley has a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ride for 2014, in the No. 44 XXXTreme Motorsports Chevrolet. It’s a perfect partnership for driver-and-team that like the same letters back-to-back.
Yeley, 37, has competed in Sprint Cup since 2004, and raced four full seasons including a pair with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2006 and 2007. In 202 career starts, he has two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
Yeley shifts to the fledgling operation from Tommy Baldwin Racing. The Phoenix native won’t start the Daytona 500 next week, but the team will compete beginning at Phoenix the week after.
XXXTreme’s past two drivers, David Reutimann and Scott Riggs, have start-and-parked in the team’s handful of past starts. The plan for now is to change that. We’ll see if the team makes any forward strides throughout 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2