Feb 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
J.J. Yeley has a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ride for 2014, in the No. 44 XXXTreme Motorsports Chevrolet. It’s a perfect partnership for driver-and-team that like the same letters back-to-back.
Yeley, 37, has competed in Sprint Cup since 2004, and raced four full seasons including a pair with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2006 and 2007. In 202 career starts, he has two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
Yeley shifts to the fledgling operation from Tommy Baldwin Racing. The Phoenix native won’t start the Daytona 500 next week, but the team will compete beginning at Phoenix the week after.
XXXTreme’s past two drivers, David Reutimann and Scott Riggs, have start-and-parked in the team’s handful of past starts. The plan for now is to change that. We’ll see if the team makes any forward strides throughout 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1