Feb 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
J.J. Yeley has a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ride for 2014, in the No. 44 XXXTreme Motorsports Chevrolet. It’s a perfect partnership for driver-and-team that like the same letters back-to-back.
Yeley, 37, has competed in Sprint Cup since 2004, and raced four full seasons including a pair with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2006 and 2007. In 202 career starts, he has two top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
Yeley shifts to the fledgling operation from Tommy Baldwin Racing. The Phoenix native won’t start the Daytona 500 next week, but the team will compete beginning at Phoenix the week after.
XXXTreme’s past two drivers, David Reutimann and Scott Riggs, have start-and-parked in the team’s handful of past starts. The plan for now is to change that. We’ll see if the team makes any forward strides throughout 2014.
Video from NASCAR America
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 2
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1