Feb 13, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Justin Wilson will be in action at the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, and the second round of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup, March 15 at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
He’ll again race with Michael Shank Racing, his primary TUDOR Championship team, with full-season drivers Ozz Negri and John Pew. The trio will test at the series’ official test there next week.
He’ll immediately then jet off after Sebring to the IndyCar Series’ preseason test at Barber Motorsports Park early the following week with Dale Coyne Racing. The IndyCar season opens back in Florida, at St. Petersburg, March 30.
Wilson will miss the third NAEC round at Watkins Glen as it conflicts with IndyCar’s doubleheader weekend at Houston, June 28-29.
But as for Sebring, he’s determined to lay down a solid result in Shank’s No. 60 Ford EcoBoost Riley Daytona Prototype.
“The 12 Hour (Sebring) is a huge event, and I’m really looking forward to it,” Wilson said. “I had a lot of fun racing the short events last year in the Daytona Prototype. It always feels natural anytime I get to race for this team, the Shank guys do a really good job and it is just a great fit. We have a little bit of unfinished business after Daytona and I’m looking forward to getting down to Sebring and getting after it.”
Wilson’s next on-track action will be in Coyne’s car at Sebring’s short course on Monday, Feb. 17.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2