Feb 13, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
An official update has been issued by Michael Schumacher’s management on Thursday.
The statement released to media was posted on BBC Radio 5 Live reporter Jennie Gow’s Facebook page.
It basically reaffirms the point that no news is no news, unless it’s an official update from either the Schumacher family or the medical team treating him at hospital in Grenoble.
Medical details though, were not disclosed.
“Michael’s family would like to again express their sincere thanks for the continuous sympathy coming from all over the world. The good wishes they receive help the family and, we are convinced they also help Michael, who still is in a waking up process.
“As often in such situation, no day is like the next. The family is thankful for one’s understanding that they would not wish to disclose medical details in order to protect Michael’s privacy. As assured from the beginning we will continue to communicate any decisive new information on Michael’s health state. We are aware that the wake up phase can take a long time.
“The family continues to strongly believe in Michael’s recovery and place all their trust in the doctors’, nurses’ and nursing auxiliaries’ team. The important thing is not the speed of the recovery but that Michael’s heal process progresses in a continuous and controlled way.”
An investigation into the accident is nearing an end, per reports. Meanwhile some medical insight has been offered by former FIA Chief Medical Delegate Gary Hartstein, although he has been very careful to note he is not on scene and is viewing the situation through a medical lens of similar-type scenarios.
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0