Feb 14, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
There’s not a ton to report on the Mazda Road to Indy front, the three ladder divisions run by Andersen Promotions on the run up to IndyCar.
But one team has made all of its announcements this week, former Pro Mazda title-winning team Juncos Racing. The squad announced four full-season entries for the championship, with a pair of Americans likely to lead the charge.
Spencer Pigot, who’s shown promise for years in USF2000 and Pro Mazda, shifts over from Team Pelfrey where he won once in 2013. The young American, 20, is keen to deliver this season. He’s a former Team USA Scholarship recipient and is one of two drivers backed by the new Rising Star Racing initiative this year.
Kyle Kaiser is the second American, who moves over to Juncos after a year with World Speed Motorsports. He scored a handful of top-five finishes in 2013 and will have teammates for the first time.
Julia Ballario, an Argentine, and Mexican Jose Gutierrez round out the lineup. The pair made a handful of starts for Juncos in 2013 and seek to gain further experience and track time later this year.
Some of the others already committed to this year’s championship are a pair from Andretti Autosport, Team Pelfrey, Cape Motorsports and at least one car from JDC Motorsports. More information should come out ahead of the Cooper Tires Winterfest, which begins next week, Feb. 21-22, at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3