Feb 15, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
There won’t be any boogity, boogity, boogity-ing during Saturday’s Sprint Unlimited or Sunday’s qualifying for the Daytona 500.
NASCAR Hall of Famer and Fox Sports TV analyst Darrell Waltrip will not be in the announcing booth for either event after undergoing successful gall bladder surgery Thursday.
Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday morning.
In a statement released by Fox, “Darrell Waltrip underwent a minor surgical procedure [Thursday] near his home in Tennessee and is resting comfortably. We wish him a speedy recovery and his on-air status is day to day.”
Waltrip will continue to recuperate through Sunday at home and then plans on being at Daytona International Speedway on Monday, even though the track will be closed to on-track action.
Younger brother Michael will replace his older brother in the Fox Sports announcing booth during the Sprint Unlimited.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Japanese Grand Prix Preview 0
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24