Feb 15, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
There won’t be any boogity, boogity, boogity-ing during Saturday’s Sprint Unlimited or Sunday’s qualifying for the Daytona 500.
NASCAR Hall of Famer and Fox Sports TV analyst Darrell Waltrip will not be in the announcing booth for either event after undergoing successful gall bladder surgery Thursday.
Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday morning.
In a statement released by Fox, “Darrell Waltrip underwent a minor surgical procedure [Thursday] near his home in Tennessee and is resting comfortably. We wish him a speedy recovery and his on-air status is day to day.”
Waltrip will continue to recuperate through Sunday at home and then plans on being at Daytona International Speedway on Monday, even though the track will be closed to on-track action.
Younger brother Michael will replace his older brother in the Fox Sports announcing booth during the Sprint Unlimited.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Simon Pagenaud fastest in IndyCar’s final Long Beach practice 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2