Feb 15, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
There won’t be any boogity, boogity, boogity-ing during Saturday’s Sprint Unlimited or Sunday’s qualifying for the Daytona 500.
NASCAR Hall of Famer and Fox Sports TV analyst Darrell Waltrip will not be in the announcing booth for either event after undergoing successful gall bladder surgery Thursday.
Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday morning.
In a statement released by Fox, “Darrell Waltrip underwent a minor surgical procedure [Thursday] near his home in Tennessee and is resting comfortably. We wish him a speedy recovery and his on-air status is day to day.”
Waltrip will continue to recuperate through Sunday at home and then plans on being at Daytona International Speedway on Monday, even though the track will be closed to on-track action.
Younger brother Michael will replace his older brother in the Fox Sports announcing booth during the Sprint Unlimited.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11