Feb 15, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
There won’t be any boogity, boogity, boogity-ing during Saturday’s Sprint Unlimited or Sunday’s qualifying for the Daytona 500.
NASCAR Hall of Famer and Fox Sports TV analyst Darrell Waltrip will not be in the announcing booth for either event after undergoing successful gall bladder surgery Thursday.
Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday morning.
In a statement released by Fox, “Darrell Waltrip underwent a minor surgical procedure [Thursday] near his home in Tennessee and is resting comfortably. We wish him a speedy recovery and his on-air status is day to day.”
Waltrip will continue to recuperate through Sunday at home and then plans on being at Daytona International Speedway on Monday, even though the track will be closed to on-track action.
Younger brother Michael will replace his older brother in the Fox Sports announcing booth during the Sprint Unlimited.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 0
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2