Feb 15, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
There won’t be any boogity, boogity, boogity-ing during Saturday’s Sprint Unlimited or Sunday’s qualifying for the Daytona 500.
NASCAR Hall of Famer and Fox Sports TV analyst Darrell Waltrip will not be in the announcing booth for either event after undergoing successful gall bladder surgery Thursday.
Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday morning.
In a statement released by Fox, “Darrell Waltrip underwent a minor surgical procedure [Thursday] near his home in Tennessee and is resting comfortably. We wish him a speedy recovery and his on-air status is day to day.”
Waltrip will continue to recuperate through Sunday at home and then plans on being at Daytona International Speedway on Monday, even though the track will be closed to on-track action.
Younger brother Michael will replace his older brother in the Fox Sports announcing booth during the Sprint Unlimited.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0