Feb 15, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
NASCAR fans have spoken – with their votes.
The format for Saturday night’s 75-lap Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway is set.
The majority of voters chose the so-called “Option C,” namely three segments that will be divided by 30 laps for the first segment, 25 for the second and a 20-lap shootout for the final segment.
Falling short were Option A (30/35/10) and Option B (30/30/15).
In its second year, the Sprint Unlimited takes place tonight (Saturday) with the green flag to fall just after 8 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)