Feb 15, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
NASCAR fans have spoken – with their votes.
The format for Saturday night’s 75-lap Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway is set.
The majority of voters chose the so-called “Option C,” namely three segments that will be divided by 30 laps for the first segment, 25 for the second and a 20-lap shootout for the final segment.
Falling short were Option A (30/35/10) and Option B (30/30/15).
In its second year, the Sprint Unlimited takes place tonight (Saturday) with the green flag to fall just after 8 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3