Feb 15, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
NASCAR fans have spoken – with their votes.
The format for Saturday night’s 75-lap Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway is set.
The majority of voters chose the so-called “Option C,” namely three segments that will be divided by 30 laps for the first segment, 25 for the second and a 20-lap shootout for the final segment.
Falling short were Option A (30/35/10) and Option B (30/30/15).
In its second year, the Sprint Unlimited takes place tonight (Saturday) with the green flag to fall just after 8 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 1
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 1
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)