Feb 15, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
NASCAR fans have spoken – with their votes.
The format for Saturday night’s 75-lap Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway is set.
The majority of voters chose the so-called “Option C,” namely three segments that will be divided by 30 laps for the first segment, 25 for the second and a 20-lap shootout for the final segment.
Falling short were Option A (30/35/10) and Option B (30/30/15).
In its second year, the Sprint Unlimited takes place tonight (Saturday) with the green flag to fall just after 8 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1