Feb 15, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
NASCAR fans have spoken – with their votes.
The format for Saturday night’s 75-lap Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway is set.
The majority of voters chose the so-called “Option C,” namely three segments that will be divided by 30 laps for the first segment, 25 for the second and a 20-lap shootout for the final segment.
Falling short were Option A (30/35/10) and Option B (30/30/15).
In its second year, the Sprint Unlimited takes place tonight (Saturday) with the green flag to fall just after 8 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0