Feb 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He announced today he’ll race FRM’s third car at Phoenix and Las Vegas. He posted semi-respectable NASCAR Nationwide Series results at the two races last year, 16th at Phoenix and 21st in Las Vegas.
Koch made his Sprint Cup debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last fall, and finished 38th after completing 216 laps before a vibration took him out of the race in the Leavine Family Racing entry.
In 28 Nationwide starts last year, the closest Koch came to a top-10 finish occurred in a one-off start for RAB Racing at the season finale at Homestead. There, Koch qualified second and finished 11th in the team’s No. 99 Toyota.
Koch wrote a tweet with thoughts on the appointment.
— Blake Koch (@BlakeKochRacing) February 17, 2014
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 2
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 1
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1