Feb 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He announced today he’ll race FRM’s third car at Phoenix and Las Vegas. He posted semi-respectable NASCAR Nationwide Series results at the two races last year, 16th at Phoenix and 21st in Las Vegas.
Koch made his Sprint Cup debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last fall, and finished 38th after completing 216 laps before a vibration took him out of the race in the Leavine Family Racing entry.
In 28 Nationwide starts last year, the closest Koch came to a top-10 finish occurred in a one-off start for RAB Racing at the season finale at Homestead. There, Koch qualified second and finished 11th in the team’s No. 99 Toyota.
Koch wrote a tweet with thoughts on the appointment.
— Blake Koch (@BlakeKochRacing) February 17, 2014
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)