Feb 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He announced today he’ll race FRM’s third car at Phoenix and Las Vegas. He posted semi-respectable NASCAR Nationwide Series results at the two races last year, 16th at Phoenix and 21st in Las Vegas.
Koch made his Sprint Cup debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last fall, and finished 38th after completing 216 laps before a vibration took him out of the race in the Leavine Family Racing entry.
In 28 Nationwide starts last year, the closest Koch came to a top-10 finish occurred in a one-off start for RAB Racing at the season finale at Homestead. There, Koch qualified second and finished 11th in the team’s No. 99 Toyota.
Koch wrote a tweet with thoughts on the appointment.
— Blake Koch (@BlakeKochRacing) February 17, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 24
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0