Feb 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He announced today he’ll race FRM’s third car at Phoenix and Las Vegas. He posted semi-respectable NASCAR Nationwide Series results at the two races last year, 16th at Phoenix and 21st in Las Vegas.
Koch made his Sprint Cup debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last fall, and finished 38th after completing 216 laps before a vibration took him out of the race in the Leavine Family Racing entry.
In 28 Nationwide starts last year, the closest Koch came to a top-10 finish occurred in a one-off start for RAB Racing at the season finale at Homestead. There, Koch qualified second and finished 11th in the team’s No. 99 Toyota.
Koch wrote a tweet with thoughts on the appointment.
— Blake Koch (@BlakeKochRacing) February 17, 2014
- DiZinno: St. Pete provides solid 2015 season kickoff, but issues some warning signs 0
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 4
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 3
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6