Feb 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He announced today he’ll race FRM’s third car at Phoenix and Las Vegas. He posted semi-respectable NASCAR Nationwide Series results at the two races last year, 16th at Phoenix and 21st in Las Vegas.
Koch made his Sprint Cup debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last fall, and finished 38th after completing 216 laps before a vibration took him out of the race in the Leavine Family Racing entry.
In 28 Nationwide starts last year, the closest Koch came to a top-10 finish occurred in a one-off start for RAB Racing at the season finale at Homestead. There, Koch qualified second and finished 11th in the team’s No. 99 Toyota.
Koch wrote a tweet with thoughts on the appointment.
— Blake Koch (@BlakeKochRacing) February 17, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 0
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 0
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4