Feb 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
So far, seven of the 11 teams have revealed their test schedule plans for who’s in their cars this week at Bahrain. The four-day test, the second of the Formula One season, runs from Wednesday Feb. 19 through Saturday Feb. 22.
Mercedes-powered teams, which got the most running in at Jerez last month, have two of their four team lineups set. McLaren will see Kevin Magnussen, who set the fastest overall time at Jerez, in on Wednesday and Thursday with Jenson Button taking over Friday and Saturday. Meanwhile the Force India team will run Nico Hulkenberg the first two days with Sergio Perez in the next two.
Renault, which had the most work to do after Jerez, has seen all four of its teams’ lineups revealed. Red Bull will have Sebastian Vettel in the first two days, with Daniel Ricciardo in after that. Lotus, which skipped the Jerez test but did do a single day’s worth of running there for filming purposes, will have Romain Grosjean in for Wednesday and Thursday and Pastor Maldonado in Friday and Saturday.
Toro Rosso has opted to alternate drivers daily, as Daniil Kvyat will run Wednesday and Friday, and Jean-Eric Vergne in Thursday and Saturday. Caterham, meanwhile, will give reserve driver Robin Frijns the car on Wednesday, Kamui Kobayashi two days (Thursday and Saturday), and Marcus Ericsson only a single day on Friday.
Marussia is the lone Ferrari team to officially confirm its lineup, with Jules Bianchi in for Wednesday and Saturday, and Max Chilton in for Thursday and Friday.
That leaves Mercedes, Williams, Ferrari and Sauber yet to officially confirm who’s running when.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0