Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A Pirelli World Challenge GT class that already includes entries from Cadillac, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura, Mercedes-Benz and more just got two new more GT3 cars added to the mix.
K-PAX Racing, which in past years ran and developed the Volvo S60s, has switched to McLaren MP4-12Cs for this year’s PWC championship. Drivers will be Alex Figge and Robert Thorne, and the pair begins testing in Estoril later this week.
“2014 sees the competitive debut for the 12C GT3 in the USA,” Andrew Kirkaldy, McLaren GT’s managing director, said in a team relase. “K-PAX Racing has a formidable record in the Pirelli World Challenge and we are excited about the prospect of working closely with them. It’s quite simple, McLaren GT wants to win and K-PAX Racing prepares cars that have a proven track record at that. Seems like a perfect combination.”
More is here from the series website.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1