Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A Pirelli World Challenge GT class that already includes entries from Cadillac, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura, Mercedes-Benz and more just got two new more GT3 cars added to the mix.
K-PAX Racing, which in past years ran and developed the Volvo S60s, has switched to McLaren MP4-12Cs for this year’s PWC championship. Drivers will be Alex Figge and Robert Thorne, and the pair begins testing in Estoril later this week.
“2014 sees the competitive debut for the 12C GT3 in the USA,” Andrew Kirkaldy, McLaren GT’s managing director, said in a team relase. “K-PAX Racing has a formidable record in the Pirelli World Challenge and we are excited about the prospect of working closely with them. It’s quite simple, McLaren GT wants to win and K-PAX Racing prepares cars that have a proven track record at that. Seems like a perfect combination.”
More is here from the series website.
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 4
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 2