Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A Pirelli World Challenge GT class that already includes entries from Cadillac, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura, Mercedes-Benz and more just got two new more GT3 cars added to the mix.
K-PAX Racing, which in past years ran and developed the Volvo S60s, has switched to McLaren MP4-12Cs for this year’s PWC championship. Drivers will be Alex Figge and Robert Thorne, and the pair begins testing in Estoril later this week.
“2014 sees the competitive debut for the 12C GT3 in the USA,” Andrew Kirkaldy, McLaren GT’s managing director, said in a team relase. “K-PAX Racing has a formidable record in the Pirelli World Challenge and we are excited about the prospect of working closely with them. It’s quite simple, McLaren GT wants to win and K-PAX Racing prepares cars that have a proven track record at that. Seems like a perfect combination.”
More is here from the series website.
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 at 1:30 p.m. ET on CNBC, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1