Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
A Pirelli World Challenge GT class that already includes entries from Cadillac, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura, Mercedes-Benz and more just got two new more GT3 cars added to the mix.
K-PAX Racing, which in past years ran and developed the Volvo S60s, has switched to McLaren MP4-12Cs for this year’s PWC championship. Drivers will be Alex Figge and Robert Thorne, and the pair begins testing in Estoril later this week.
“2014 sees the competitive debut for the 12C GT3 in the USA,” Andrew Kirkaldy, McLaren GT’s managing director, said in a team relase. “K-PAX Racing has a formidable record in the Pirelli World Challenge and we are excited about the prospect of working closely with them. It’s quite simple, McLaren GT wants to win and K-PAX Racing prepares cars that have a proven track record at that. Seems like a perfect combination.”
More is here from the series website.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0