Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
A Pirelli World Challenge GT class that already includes entries from Cadillac, Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura, Mercedes-Benz and more just got two new more GT3 cars added to the mix.
K-PAX Racing, which in past years ran and developed the Volvo S60s, has switched to McLaren MP4-12Cs for this year’s PWC championship. Drivers will be Alex Figge and Robert Thorne, and the pair begins testing in Estoril later this week.
“2014 sees the competitive debut for the 12C GT3 in the USA,” Andrew Kirkaldy, McLaren GT’s managing director, said in a team relase. “K-PAX Racing has a formidable record in the Pirelli World Challenge and we are excited about the prospect of working closely with them. It’s quite simple, McLaren GT wants to win and K-PAX Racing prepares cars that have a proven track record at that. Seems like a perfect combination.”
More is here from the series website.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0