Feb 17, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
After a little more than a month since the skiing accident that has left Michael Schumacher still hospitalized in France, French investigators concluded their investigation into the accident and found no persons in violation.
“The investigation into the causes and consequences of the Decemeber 29 skiing accident of Michael Schumacher … has been closed on February 12,” Albertville prosecutor Patrick Quincy (pictured right) said in a statement.
“No person has been found guilty of any violation.”
Quincy confirmed the details of the accident, as had been originally determined, that Schumacher’s accident occurred off-piste and that his helmet contacted a rock 34 feet away from another rock. The signage, limits and marking did adhere to French standards, Quincy’s statement said.
The ski resort itself, Meribel, has also been cleared per the statement.
The investigation’s closing comes after several unconfirmed media reports in the last couple weeks regarding Schumacher’s health, and also the latest official Schumacher management statement.
The medical team tending to Schumacher, per the management statement, was to begin the waking up process from Schumacher’s induced coma, but further medical details were not revealed out of respect for his privacy.
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 0
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 1
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 2
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)