Feb 18, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The No. 3 is all the talk, and all the discussion, of this year’s Speedweeks at Daytona as Austin Dillon brings the number back for Richard Childress Racing to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
February 18 is a tragic day, as today marks 13 years since the accident on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500 that claimed the life of Dale Earnhardt.
Three years and three days earlier, on Feb. 15, 1998, the No. 3 was winning the Daytona 500 at long last.
That’s the thing you want to remember, when Dale Earnhardt won the Daytona 500 after 20 years of trying.
And here’s a video of that win below.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0