Feb 18, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The No. 3 is all the talk, and all the discussion, of this year’s Speedweeks at Daytona as Austin Dillon brings the number back for Richard Childress Racing to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
February 18 is a tragic day, as today marks 13 years since the accident on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500 that claimed the life of Dale Earnhardt.
Three years and three days earlier, on Feb. 15, 1998, the No. 3 was winning the Daytona 500 at long last.
That’s the thing you want to remember, when Dale Earnhardt won the Daytona 500 after 20 years of trying.
And here’s a video of that win below.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 2
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 2
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 14
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (14)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (7)