Feb 18, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
The No. 3 is all the talk, and all the discussion, of this year’s Speedweeks at Daytona as Austin Dillon brings the number back for Richard Childress Racing to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
February 18 is a tragic day, as today marks 13 years since the accident on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500 that claimed the life of Dale Earnhardt.
Three years and three days earlier, on Feb. 15, 1998, the No. 3 was winning the Daytona 500 at long last.
That’s the thing you want to remember, when Dale Earnhardt won the Daytona 500 after 20 years of trying.
And here’s a video of that win below.
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 4
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 13
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 6
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 4