Feb 18, 2014, 1:57 PM EST
In 2012, the 60th anniversary running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring filled the field with 64 cars. In 2014, that number grows by four, to 68 for now for the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season (March 15) as revealed Tuesday.
There were 67 cars at Daytona, and the number jumps by one for Sebring with a few changes:
- All Prototype (P) class cars from Daytona except the GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Corvette DP will continue onto Sebring, with GAINSCO missing for obvious reasons after the accident that injured Memo Gidley. An 18th P class car will appear from Millennium Racing, an ORECA 03 Nissan, which is intriguing because the Millennium-backed pair of drivers (Fabien Giroix, John Martin) are not listed with the second Action Express Racing car that was at Daytona. Watch this space.
- The PC class adds two cars, with the planned debut for JDC/Miller Motorsports (No. 85) and a second BAR1 Motorsports car (No. 88) entered.
- In GT Le Mans (GTLM), all 11 from Daytona are joined by the Team Falken Tire Porsche, in the first race for the 991-spec 911 RSR. Risi Competizione will need a new Ferrari F458 Italia chassis after its involvement in the GAINSCO accident.
- GT Daytona (GTD) drops from 29 to 27 cars. Gone from Daytona is the third Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia, which was a reserve for the race per team boss Giacomo Mattioli, and another Ferrari fielded by the Russian SMP Racing squad. SMP’s participation in the TUDOR Championship was only planned for Daytona. Snow Racing is listed in a partnership with Rum Bum Racing, with a switch to the No. 13 for its entry, driven by Jan Heylen, Madison Snow and now Matt Plumb.
- There are a number of cars with TBA driver designations, as some teams confirmed their lineups only for Daytona but not for Sebring and/or the rest of the TUDOR Championship season. In the pro-am PC and GTD classes, three or four-driver lineups are allowed. If a lineup has three drivers, it can have a maximum of one Platinum or Gold-rated driver; if four drivers, two.
- Included in the TBAs is GTD Daytona winners Level 5 Motorsports, for its pair of Ferrari 458 Italias.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0