Feb 18, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
In 2012, the 60th anniversary running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring filled the field with 64 cars. In 2014, that number grows by four, to 68 for now for the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season (March 15) as revealed Tuesday.
There were 67 cars at Daytona, and the number jumps by one for Sebring with a few changes:
- All Prototype (P) class cars from Daytona except the GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Corvette DP will continue onto Sebring, with GAINSCO missing for obvious reasons after the accident that injured Memo Gidley. An 18th P class car will appear from Millennium Racing, an ORECA 03 Nissan, which is intriguing because the Millennium-backed pair of drivers (Fabien Giroix, John Martin) are not listed with the second Action Express Racing car that was at Daytona. Watch this space.
- The PC class adds two cars, with the planned debut for JDC/Miller Motorsports (No. 85) and a second BAR1 Motorsports car (No. 88) entered.
- In GT Le Mans (GTLM), all 11 from Daytona are joined by the Team Falken Tire Porsche, in the first race for the 991-spec 911 RSR. Risi Competizione will need a new Ferrari F458 Italia chassis after its involvement in the GAINSCO accident.
- GT Daytona (GTD) drops from 29 to 27 cars. Gone from Daytona is the third Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia, which was a reserve for the race per team boss Giacomo Mattioli, and another Ferrari fielded by the Russian SMP Racing squad. SMP’s participation in the TUDOR Championship was only planned for Daytona. Snow Racing is listed in a partnership with Rum Bum Racing, with a switch to the No. 13 for its entry, driven by Jan Heylen, Madison Snow and now Matt Plumb.
- There are a number of cars with TBA driver designations, as some teams confirmed their lineups only for Daytona but not for Sebring and/or the rest of the TUDOR Championship season. In the pro-am PC and GTD classes, three or four-driver lineups are allowed. If a lineup has three drivers, it can have a maximum of one Platinum or Gold-rated driver; if four drivers, two.
- Included in the TBAs is GTD Daytona winners Level 5 Motorsports, for its pair of Ferrari 458 Italias.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Chase competitors Kevin Harvick and points leader Jeff Gordon crack the Top 5 speeds.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Can Lewis Hamilton double up in the second practice session in Austin? Join us from 3p ET to find out.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Kenseth says the only way he’d feel a little better about it is if Harvick manages to make the Championship Race.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
FIA confirms that the German driver has taken a sixth complete power unit, and will have to start the race from the pit lane at COTA.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Ford drivers take the top three spots in opening Nationwide practice.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Despite exceeding everyone’s expectations in 2014, Valtteri Bottas feels that the team can continue its upward trend next season.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Two-time US GP winner makes the best possible start to his race weekend by topping FP1 in Austin.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Logano’s currently in position to advance to the final battle at Homestead, but he says he’ll stay aggressive this weekend at Texas.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Red Bull takes you behind-the-scenes in the lead-up to this weekend’s United States Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Various updates coming to portions of the grid this weekend, starting in FP1.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Mario Andretti takes time out of a busy schedule for fan Q&A for Circuit of the Americas.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Adriana Henao is running to raise money for actor Sean Penn’s J/P Haitian Relief Organization and The Long Run to Haiti.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Watch first practice from COTA live on Live Extra from 11a ET today.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Former Sprint Cup veteran will bring his OneMain Financial sponsorship with him.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
After just one year in F1, Kvyat will be replacing four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull next season. Not bad going!
Oct 31, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Extreme Speed takes its HPDs to Shanghai for the FIA WEC race.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Romain Grosjean can opt out of Lotus at year’s end if he so desires.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Johnny Sauter was fastest in both NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practices Thursday afternoon at Texas Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP2 for the United States Grand Prix 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2