Feb 18, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
In 2012, the 60th anniversary running of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring filled the field with 64 cars. In 2014, that number grows by four, to 68 for now for the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season (March 15) as revealed Tuesday.
There were 67 cars at Daytona, and the number jumps by one for Sebring with a few changes:
- All Prototype (P) class cars from Daytona except the GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Corvette DP will continue onto Sebring, with GAINSCO missing for obvious reasons after the accident that injured Memo Gidley. An 18th P class car will appear from Millennium Racing, an ORECA 03 Nissan, which is intriguing because the Millennium-backed pair of drivers (Fabien Giroix, John Martin) are not listed with the second Action Express Racing car that was at Daytona. Watch this space.
- The PC class adds two cars, with the planned debut for JDC/Miller Motorsports (No. 85) and a second BAR1 Motorsports car (No. 88) entered.
- In GT Le Mans (GTLM), all 11 from Daytona are joined by the Team Falken Tire Porsche, in the first race for the 991-spec 911 RSR. Risi Competizione will need a new Ferrari F458 Italia chassis after its involvement in the GAINSCO accident.
- GT Daytona (GTD) drops from 29 to 27 cars. Gone from Daytona is the third Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia, which was a reserve for the race per team boss Giacomo Mattioli, and another Ferrari fielded by the Russian SMP Racing squad. SMP’s participation in the TUDOR Championship was only planned for Daytona. Snow Racing is listed in a partnership with Rum Bum Racing, with a switch to the No. 13 for its entry, driven by Jan Heylen, Madison Snow and now Matt Plumb.
- There are a number of cars with TBA driver designations, as some teams confirmed their lineups only for Daytona but not for Sebring and/or the rest of the TUDOR Championship season. In the pro-am PC and GTD classes, three or four-driver lineups are allowed. If a lineup has three drivers, it can have a maximum of one Platinum or Gold-rated driver; if four drivers, two.
- Included in the TBAs is GTD Daytona winners Level 5 Motorsports, for its pair of Ferrari 458 Italias.
Jul 4, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Watch latest INDYCAR Chronicles with Josef Newgarden.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
The coinage of a new term took place at Silverstone on Thursday thanks for Force India’s owner.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Ferraris will start behind Williams for the first time in 2015 on Sunday.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Red Bull driver will start tomorrow’s British Grand Prix from tenth place on the grid.
Jul 4, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
A lively GP2 race sees Sirotkin claim his first win in the series ahead of Rossi and championship leader Stoffel Vandoorne.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Dutchman admits to NBCSN that he thought he would easily make it through to Q3 in British GP qualifying.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Massa will start tomorrow’s British Grand Prix from third place on the grid ahead of Williams teammate Valtteri Bottas.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
Hamilton thanks fans for support as over 100,000 come out for qualifying on Saturday at Silverstone.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Hamilton edges out Rosberg for top spot in Q3 on Saturday at Silverstone.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Can Lewis Hamilton storm to his eighth pole position of the 2015 Formula 1 season on Saturday at Silverstone?
Jul 4, 2015, 6:02 AM EDT
British driver back on top at Silverstone as Rosberg suffers another gearbox problem.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:45 AM EDT
Rosberg looks to make it a clean sweep of practice sessions on Saturday morning.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Sirotkin claims his first pole in the GP2 Series on Friday ahead of Stoffel Vandoorne and Richie Stanaway.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Foust seeks another win, Speed looks for bounce back from tough Daytona at MCAS.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
The street and road course specialist gets his first taste of an oval in Iowa this week.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Wolff finishes eight-tenths of a second behind regular Williams driver Felipe Massa in FP1 on Friday.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
British driver switches back to the old setting on his Mercedes after struggling in the past four races.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1