Feb 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lotus’ new E22 chassis, which has taken a really unique look at the regulations when it comes to its nose design with a “twin-tusk” layout, has finally taken to the track for the first time in an official session Wednesday at Bahrain.
Romain Grosjean was behind the wheel for what the team called “a small smattering of laps.” Teammate Pastor Maldonado, who ran the car in a filming shakedown at Jerez last week, will be in the car later this week.
The Renault-powered teams are up against it this week in Bahrain, as they seek to fix some reliability issues that cropped up in the official Jerez test at the end of January.
By skipping the Jerez test, Lotus had more time to work on its package in the Enstone factory. The question this week is what kind of issues, if any, will crop up during the week here.
More to follow later today.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)