Feb 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lotus’ new E22 chassis, which has taken a really unique look at the regulations when it comes to its nose design with a “twin-tusk” layout, has finally taken to the track for the first time in an official session Wednesday at Bahrain.
Romain Grosjean was behind the wheel for what the team called “a small smattering of laps.” Teammate Pastor Maldonado, who ran the car in a filming shakedown at Jerez last week, will be in the car later this week.
The Renault-powered teams are up against it this week in Bahrain, as they seek to fix some reliability issues that cropped up in the official Jerez test at the end of January.
By skipping the Jerez test, Lotus had more time to work on its package in the Enstone factory. The question this week is what kind of issues, if any, will crop up during the week here.
More to follow later today.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1