Feb 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Lotus’ new E22 chassis, which has taken a really unique look at the regulations when it comes to its nose design with a “twin-tusk” layout, has finally taken to the track for the first time in an official session Wednesday at Bahrain.
Romain Grosjean was behind the wheel for what the team called “a small smattering of laps.” Teammate Pastor Maldonado, who ran the car in a filming shakedown at Jerez last week, will be in the car later this week.
The Renault-powered teams are up against it this week in Bahrain, as they seek to fix some reliability issues that cropped up in the official Jerez test at the end of January.
By skipping the Jerez test, Lotus had more time to work on its package in the Enstone factory. The question this week is what kind of issues, if any, will crop up during the week here.
More to follow later today.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2