Feb 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Lotus’ new E22 chassis, which has taken a really unique look at the regulations when it comes to its nose design with a “twin-tusk” layout, has finally taken to the track for the first time in an official session Wednesday at Bahrain.
Romain Grosjean was behind the wheel for what the team called “a small smattering of laps.” Teammate Pastor Maldonado, who ran the car in a filming shakedown at Jerez last week, will be in the car later this week.
The Renault-powered teams are up against it this week in Bahrain, as they seek to fix some reliability issues that cropped up in the official Jerez test at the end of January.
By skipping the Jerez test, Lotus had more time to work on its package in the Enstone factory. The question this week is what kind of issues, if any, will crop up during the week here.
More to follow later today.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1