Feb 20, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Marc Marquez set numerous records during his rookie season in the FIM MotoGP World Championship, en route to the title. His road to a repeat will have to include a comeback from injury, after he broke his right fibula in a dirt track training accident in Spain this week.
Per the official MotoGP website, here was the diagnosis from Barcelona Dr. Xavier Mir:
“The results showed no ligament damage or dislocation and no need to proceed with surgery. I expect he will need three to four weeks to fully recover.”
The Repsol Honda rider will miss next week’s test in Sepang, Malaysia and potentially the one in Phillip Island, Australia after that. But he is expected to be back at full strength for the season opener in Qatar on March 23.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- WATCH LIVE: 2014 Singapore Grand Prix on NBCSN from 7.30am ET 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 1
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 1
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0