Feb 20, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
Marc Marquez set numerous records during his rookie season in the FIM MotoGP World Championship, en route to the title. His road to a repeat will have to include a comeback from injury, after he broke his right fibula in a dirt track training accident in Spain this week.
Per the official MotoGP website, here was the diagnosis from Barcelona Dr. Xavier Mir:
“The results showed no ligament damage or dislocation and no need to proceed with surgery. I expect he will need three to four weeks to fully recover.”
The Repsol Honda rider will miss next week’s test in Sepang, Malaysia and potentially the one in Phillip Island, Australia after that. But he is expected to be back at full strength for the season opener in Qatar on March 23.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1