Feb 20, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Marc Marquez set numerous records during his rookie season in the FIM MotoGP World Championship, en route to the title. His road to a repeat will have to include a comeback from injury, after he broke his right fibula in a dirt track training accident in Spain this week.
Per the official MotoGP website, here was the diagnosis from Barcelona Dr. Xavier Mir:
“The results showed no ligament damage or dislocation and no need to proceed with surgery. I expect he will need three to four weeks to fully recover.”
The Repsol Honda rider will miss next week’s test in Sepang, Malaysia and potentially the one in Phillip Island, Australia after that. But he is expected to be back at full strength for the season opener in Qatar on March 23.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2