Feb 20, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Kevin Harvick went from extremely elated to depressingly dejected in less than 30 minutes.
Harvick’s No. 4 Stewart Haas Racing Chevrolet was found to have to “exceeded the maximum split on the track bar,” according to NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp.
As a result, Harvick’s qualifying time and his runner-up finish in the first Duel has been disqualified, a big blow to the 2007 Daytona 500 winner.
“Well, that’s no good,” Harvick deadpanned to FOX Sports’ TV coverage when told on air of the news.
Harvick will now have to wait until after the end of the second Duel 150 to see if either the speed (194.422 mph) or time (46.291) he had in Sunday’s pole qualifying (23rd overall) determine where he starts, or whether he’ll need to rely on owner points garnered from the No. 39 in 2013 to start Sunday’s Great American Race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 2
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2