Feb 21, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Even though his car is still a work in progress, Lewis Hamilton tells NBC Sports’ Will Buxton he’s confident in his driving abilities heading into the Formula One season-opening race in Australia less than a month from now.
“I don’t need to change anything with my driving, which is cool,” Hamilton said.
During the third day of F1 testing Friday in Bahrain, Hamilton and his Mercedes clocked the fastest time of the day at 1:34.263. Hamilton completed 67 laps. Testing continues on Saturday.
Second fastest on the grid was Jenson Button in his McLaren. Button completed a whopping 103 laps, more than a full-race length, with a time of .7 of a second behind Hamilton at 1:34.976.
Meanwhile, Red Bull continues to struggle, off 6.5 seconds from the time neighborhood Hamilton and Button occupied. Times aren’t particularly important but still, that’s a big gap to claw back.
Check out Buxton’s video recap of all the day’s action above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 9
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0