Feb 21, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Even though his car is still a work in progress, Lewis Hamilton tells NBC Sports’ Will Buxton he’s confident in his driving abilities heading into the Formula One season-opening race in Australia less than a month from now.
“I don’t need to change anything with my driving, which is cool,” Hamilton said.
During the third day of F1 testing Friday in Bahrain, Hamilton and his Mercedes clocked the fastest time of the day at 1:34.263. Hamilton completed 67 laps. Testing continues on Saturday.
Second fastest on the grid was Jenson Button in his McLaren. Button completed a whopping 103 laps, more than a full-race length, with a time of .7 of a second behind Hamilton at 1:34.976.
Meanwhile, Red Bull continues to struggle, off 6.5 seconds from the time neighborhood Hamilton and Button occupied. Times aren’t particularly important but still, that’s a big gap to claw back.
Check out Buxton’s video recap of all the day’s action above.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 17
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)