Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
To get some sampling of the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GT-A and GTS field for 2014, look no further than the entry list revealed Friday for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
The 36 cars officially confirmed Friday will see four more promoter options and approved alternatives added for a total of 40 to race on the 1.968-mile street circuit on April 13.
As there are space limitations at Long Beach, more than 40 are likely for other all-GT rounds of the season.
A look at the entry list sees manufacturer entries in the GT and GT-A ranks from Nissan, Cadillac, McLaren, Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Acura and Mercedes-Benz. A mix of Chevrolets, Ford, Aston Martins, Kias, Nissans, Porsches, Audis and Scions make up the GTS grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 13
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2