Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
To get some sampling of the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GT-A and GTS field for 2014, look no further than the entry list revealed Friday for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
The 36 cars officially confirmed Friday will see four more promoter options and approved alternatives added for a total of 40 to race on the 1.968-mile street circuit on April 13.
As there are space limitations at Long Beach, more than 40 are likely for other all-GT rounds of the season.
A look at the entry list sees manufacturer entries in the GT and GT-A ranks from Nissan, Cadillac, McLaren, Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Acura and Mercedes-Benz. A mix of Chevrolets, Ford, Aston Martins, Kias, Nissans, Porsches, Audis and Scions make up the GTS grid.
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)