Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
To get some sampling of the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GT-A and GTS field for 2014, look no further than the entry list revealed Friday for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
The 36 cars officially confirmed Friday will see four more promoter options and approved alternatives added for a total of 40 to race on the 1.968-mile street circuit on April 13.
As there are space limitations at Long Beach, more than 40 are likely for other all-GT rounds of the season.
A look at the entry list sees manufacturer entries in the GT and GT-A ranks from Nissan, Cadillac, McLaren, Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Acura and Mercedes-Benz. A mix of Chevrolets, Ford, Aston Martins, Kias, Nissans, Porsches, Audis and Scions make up the GTS grid.
Video from NASCAR America
- Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 0
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2