Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
To get some sampling of the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GT-A and GTS field for 2014, look no further than the entry list revealed Friday for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
The 36 cars officially confirmed Friday will see four more promoter options and approved alternatives added for a total of 40 to race on the 1.968-mile street circuit on April 13.
As there are space limitations at Long Beach, more than 40 are likely for other all-GT rounds of the season.
A look at the entry list sees manufacturer entries in the GT and GT-A ranks from Nissan, Cadillac, McLaren, Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Acura and Mercedes-Benz. A mix of Chevrolets, Ford, Aston Martins, Kias, Nissans, Porsches, Audis and Scions make up the GTS grid.
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 1
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 1
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0