Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
To get some sampling of the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GT-A and GTS field for 2014, look no further than the entry list revealed Friday for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
The 36 cars officially confirmed Friday will see four more promoter options and approved alternatives added for a total of 40 to race on the 1.968-mile street circuit on April 13.
As there are space limitations at Long Beach, more than 40 are likely for other all-GT rounds of the season.
A look at the entry list sees manufacturer entries in the GT and GT-A ranks from Nissan, Cadillac, McLaren, Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Acura and Mercedes-Benz. A mix of Chevrolets, Ford, Aston Martins, Kias, Nissans, Porsches, Audis and Scions make up the GTS grid.
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 0
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 1
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1