Feb 23, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
They’ve raced to the halfway mark in the Daytona 500. The question now is can they go the full distance, if another round of storms heads in from the west.
Richard Petty’s Aric Almirola and Danica Patrick were among the race leaders during the green flag pit stop sequence that wrapped by lap 90. Both have now fallen outside of the top 15 after their stops.
Cole Whitt for Swan Racing was best of the “underdogs” at the halfway mark, 11th at lap 100. Josh Wise, Parker Kligerman, Justin Allgaier and David Gilliland also spent time in the top five during the pit sequence.
Biggest loser in this sequence since the restart has been Kyle Busch, who led at the restart. Busch left a pit stop with an air gun attached, then exacerbated the problem when his original pass-through penalty was upgraded to a full stop-and-go when he failed to serve the pass-through. Some salty radio language followed.
No miracles tonight for April Talladega winner David Ragan of Front Row Motorsports, who headed behind the wall just before the halfway mark.
More updates to follow throughout the race.
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 at 1:30 p.m. ET on CNBC, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1