Feb 23, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The 2014 Daytona 500 is underway.
It ran through 20 laps caution-free and is primarily single-file. Kyle Larson spun on Turn 2 though on Lap 23, and that caused the first caution of the race.
It amuses Marco Andretti, who tweeted something that those in the IndyCar world are probably thinking right now but won’t say publicly.
Single file Daytona. Wake me at the green white checkered.
— Marco Andretti (@MarcoAndretti) February 23, 2014
Andretti will be among those in contention for IndyCar’s most famous race, the Indianapolis 500, in May.
The IndyCar season starts March 30 on the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)