Feb 23, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The 2014 Daytona 500 is underway.
It ran through 20 laps caution-free and is primarily single-file. Kyle Larson spun on Turn 2 though on Lap 23, and that caused the first caution of the race.
It amuses Marco Andretti, who tweeted something that those in the IndyCar world are probably thinking right now but won’t say publicly.
Single file Daytona. Wake me at the green white checkered.
— Marco Andretti (@MarcoAndretti) February 23, 2014
Andretti will be among those in contention for IndyCar’s most famous race, the Indianapolis 500, in May.
The IndyCar season starts March 30 on the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10