Feb 23, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The 2014 Daytona 500 is underway.
It ran through 20 laps caution-free and is primarily single-file. Kyle Larson spun on Turn 2 though on Lap 23, and that caused the first caution of the race.
It amuses Marco Andretti, who tweeted something that those in the IndyCar world are probably thinking right now but won’t say publicly.
Single file Daytona. Wake me at the green white checkered.
— Marco Andretti (@MarcoAndretti) February 23, 2014
Andretti will be among those in contention for IndyCar’s most famous race, the Indianapolis 500, in May.
The IndyCar season starts March 30 on the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 5
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3