Feb 23, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
The 2014 Daytona 500 is underway.
It ran through 20 laps caution-free and is primarily single-file. Kyle Larson spun on Turn 2 though on Lap 23, and that caused the first caution of the race.
It amuses Marco Andretti, who tweeted something that those in the IndyCar world are probably thinking right now but won’t say publicly.
Single file Daytona. Wake me at the green white checkered.
— Marco Andretti (@MarcoAndretti) February 23, 2014
Andretti will be among those in contention for IndyCar’s most famous race, the Indianapolis 500, in May.
The IndyCar season starts March 30 on the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida.
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 0
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1