Feb 23, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – It has not started out to be a very good Daytona 500 debut as a Sprint Cup driver for rookie Kyle Larson.
Larson, who replaced Juan Pablo Montoya in the No. 42 Chip Ganassi Racing/Target Chevrolet this season, hit the wall at Daytona International Speedway twice in the opening laps of Sunday’s race.
After pitting to fix damage and replace a right front tire, Larson went back on the racetrack.
Unfortunately, the problem came back several laps later in a big way, with Larson’s car spinning into the grass on Lap 22.
Larson went back to the pits for yet another new right front tire and to repair the new damage.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 2
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 9
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1