Feb 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Off of Turn 4, contact triggered between Kevin Harvick and Jamie McMurray also caught up Kyle Busch, Reed Sorenson and Carl Edwards. Edwards told reporters after the race that there was fluid on the track on the last lap, which triggered the yellow.
The wreck put the finishing order under review, and was the third such “big one” of the evening. Two ones occurred earlier in the night, taking out multiple cars.
Unofficially, Harvick and McMurray were 13th and 14th, with Sorenson 16th, Edwards 17th and Busch 21st.
Because the caution occurred before the checkered flag, the field was frozen behind Earnhardt Jr. and Denny Hamlin in the top two spots. Brad Keselowski ended third ahead Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
Cut to about 0:45 in the video below to see the wreck on the last lap.
- It’s ‘never-say-die’ for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7