Feb 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EST
Off of Turn 4, contact triggered between Kevin Harvick and Jamie McMurray also caught up Kyle Busch, Reed Sorenson and Carl Edwards. Edwards told reporters after the race that there was fluid on the track on the last lap, which triggered the yellow.
The wreck put the finishing order under review, and was the third such “big one” of the evening. Two ones occurred earlier in the night, taking out multiple cars.
Unofficially, Harvick and McMurray were 13th and 14th, with Sorenson 16th, Edwards 17th and Busch 21st.
Because the caution occurred before the checkered flag, the field was frozen behind Earnhardt Jr. and Denny Hamlin in the top two spots. Brad Keselowski ended third ahead Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
Cut to about 0:45 in the video below to see the wreck on the last lap.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)