Feb 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Few would call Kyle Larson “old.” He’s only 21 after all, and one of the eight drivers in NASCAR’s extensive 2014 Sprint Cup Series rookie class.
But Larson’s really, really young days have been chronicled by his family, and now, brought to light in this simply awesome introductory video as produced by sponsor Target.
In a little over 4 minutes, we see really young Kyle morph into older, still young Kyle through his growth and development on local short and dirt tracks. It kind of tugs at the heartstrings a bit, and provides an emotional, human element to this at times, very corporate-heavy sport.
Given the press surrounding Target the last couple months or so, very well played by the retail giant.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)