Feb 27, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Valtteri Bottas believes there’s still room to improve for Williams after today’s test work at Bahrain International Circuit, but overall, the second-year Formula One driver was pleased.
Bottas was second-fastest on the chart with a lap at 1:36.184 – almost a full second behind the pace-setter from Sergio Perez, but part of a day that saw him run the most laps out of anyone with 128.
“It’s been another good day for us,” he said. “It was nice to get the whole run plan done. We didn’t have any issues all day, so well done to all the team for getting the car running so well. We have a lot of data to analyze tonight after doing some aero work this morning and a race distance and set-up work this afternoon.
“We did some very interesting tests and there are still plenty of things to improve, so we’ll keep pushing.”
Bottas’ to-do list on Thursday had a little bit of everything according to Rob Nelson, the team’s chief test and support engineer.
“We started the morning by testing some aero components, all of which correlated well with what we were expected from the wind tunnel,” he said. “We then did a race simulation this afternoon including laps to the grid and everything that goes into a race and that also went well. We then completed our program for today with some new tire work for Pirelli.
“Overall, it’s been a really good day completing 128 laps.”
Felipe Massa will step into the FW36 tomorrow for the Grove-based outfit.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 3
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 1
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0