Feb 27, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
You couldn’t escape that sound if you watched NASCAR broadcasts last year: “Oh, you’re an idiot and I’m gonna kill you!”
That was from Jeff Gordon and Pepsi’s “Test Drive” film, in which the four-time Sprint Cup champion – disguised as a milquetoast customer that’s supposedly in the market for a new car – takes a salesman for a chaotic joyride (said salesman yelled the line above to Gordon during said joyride).
The prank spot was a viral smash, with the full-length version having since earned more than 40 million views on YouTube.
You’d figure Gordon and his loyal sponsor would want to replicate that success, right? And so, they’ve released “Test Drive 2.”
This time, Gordon is disguised as an ex-con cab driver. The prank’s target: Jalopnik writer Travis Okulski, who was among those that questioned the authenticity of the original “Test Drive.”
Watch the sequel above and judge for yourself if it stands up to the first. Then read Okulski’s recap of his experience.
- Alonso digs at “science fiction” as crash saga rumbles on 1
- Sebastian Vettel first discussed Ferrari move back in 2008 1
- FIA considering tender for new Formula 1 teams 6
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2