Feb 27, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
If you’re heading out to Phoenix International Raceway for Sunday’s The Profit on CNBC 500, make sure you don’t forget your sunglasses.
First, the sun at PIR is notorious. Ask drivers about how they are routinely blinded by the sun, especially heading down the frontstretch and into the first turn of the mile-long flat track.
If it bothers them, imagine what it will do to you, the fan, as you walk around the midway or sit in the grandstands.
Another reason to bring your shades is the incredibly bright colors that will be reflecting off Kyle Busch‘s No. 18 Toyota. One of Mars Inc.’s products, Skittles, will be highlighted on the hood of Busch’s car, and the paint job is nothing short of awesome.
In a unique twist, when he’s not wearing his helmet, Busch will be wearing a specially-made ball cap, with the brow of the cap adorned with — what else — Skittles.
Who knows, maybe if Busch gets hungry during the course of the race, don’t be surprised if he pulls a couple of pieces of the candy off his cap and pops them in his mouth.
Video from NASCAR America
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 2
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2