Feb 27, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
If you’re heading out to Phoenix International Raceway for Sunday’s The Profit on CNBC 500, make sure you don’t forget your sunglasses.
First, the sun at PIR is notorious. Ask drivers about how they are routinely blinded by the sun, especially heading down the frontstretch and into the first turn of the mile-long flat track.
If it bothers them, imagine what it will do to you, the fan, as you walk around the midway or sit in the grandstands.
Another reason to bring your shades is the incredibly bright colors that will be reflecting off Kyle Busch‘s No. 18 Toyota. One of Mars Inc.’s products, Skittles, will be highlighted on the hood of Busch’s car, and the paint job is nothing short of awesome.
In a unique twist, when he’s not wearing his helmet, Busch will be wearing a specially-made ball cap, with the brow of the cap adorned with — what else — Skittles.
Who knows, maybe if Busch gets hungry during the course of the race, don’t be surprised if he pulls a couple of pieces of the candy off his cap and pops them in his mouth.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 0
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 13
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2