Feb 27, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
If you’re heading out to Phoenix International Raceway for Sunday’s The Profit on CNBC 500, make sure you don’t forget your sunglasses.
First, the sun at PIR is notorious. Ask drivers about how they are routinely blinded by the sun, especially heading down the frontstretch and into the first turn of the mile-long flat track.
If it bothers them, imagine what it will do to you, the fan, as you walk around the midway or sit in the grandstands.
Another reason to bring your shades is the incredibly bright colors that will be reflecting off Kyle Busch‘s No. 18 Toyota. One of Mars Inc.’s products, Skittles, will be highlighted on the hood of Busch’s car, and the paint job is nothing short of awesome.
In a unique twist, when he’s not wearing his helmet, Busch will be wearing a specially-made ball cap, with the brow of the cap adorned with — what else — Skittles.
Who knows, maybe if Busch gets hungry during the course of the race, don’t be surprised if he pulls a couple of pieces of the candy off his cap and pops them in his mouth.
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 6
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)