Feb 27, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
NASCAR K&N Pro Series East product Cale Conley will drive for Richard Childress Racing on a limited schedule in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this season starting next month at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Conley, who earned four Top-5s and five Top-10s in a full-time K&N Series drive last year, is set to race the No. 33 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series. He’ll be paired up with crew chief Nick Harrison.
“I am very grateful and anxious for the opportunity to race with Richard Childress Racing,” the 21-year-old said in a release.
“My goal, at this point, is to get past these anxious feelings, do what I know best on the track and learn as much as possible from the team. Opportunities like this don’t come along often, so I am going to do my best and learn as much as possible.”
“We look forward to getting Cale in our car and seeing him take the next step in his career,” team owner Richard Childress said in his own thoughts. “He’s done a good job on the K&N level and we’re pairing him up with a solid race team.
“It’s going to be a bit of a learning curve, so that’s why the limited schedule works perfect for him and allows him to progress at a comfortable pace.”
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5