Feb 27, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
NASCAR K&N Pro Series East product Cale Conley will drive for Richard Childress Racing on a limited schedule in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this season starting next month at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Conley, who earned four Top-5s and five Top-10s in a full-time K&N Series drive last year, is set to race the No. 33 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series. He’ll be paired up with crew chief Nick Harrison.
“I am very grateful and anxious for the opportunity to race with Richard Childress Racing,” the 21-year-old said in a release.
“My goal, at this point, is to get past these anxious feelings, do what I know best on the track and learn as much as possible from the team. Opportunities like this don’t come along often, so I am going to do my best and learn as much as possible.”
“We look forward to getting Cale in our car and seeing him take the next step in his career,” team owner Richard Childress said in his own thoughts. “He’s done a good job on the K&N level and we’re pairing him up with a solid race team.
“It’s going to be a bit of a learning curve, so that’s why the limited schedule works perfect for him and allows him to progress at a comfortable pace.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4