Feb 27, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
NASCAR K&N Pro Series East product Cale Conley will drive for Richard Childress Racing on a limited schedule in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this season starting next month at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Conley, who earned four Top-5s and five Top-10s in a full-time K&N Series drive last year, is set to race the No. 33 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series. He’ll be paired up with crew chief Nick Harrison.
“I am very grateful and anxious for the opportunity to race with Richard Childress Racing,” the 21-year-old said in a release.
“My goal, at this point, is to get past these anxious feelings, do what I know best on the track and learn as much as possible from the team. Opportunities like this don’t come along often, so I am going to do my best and learn as much as possible.”
“We look forward to getting Cale in our car and seeing him take the next step in his career,” team owner Richard Childress said in his own thoughts. “He’s done a good job on the K&N level and we’re pairing him up with a solid race team.
“It’s going to be a bit of a learning curve, so that’s why the limited schedule works perfect for him and allows him to progress at a comfortable pace.”
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)