Feb 28, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. wasn’t the only winner emerging from Sunday’s Daytona 500.
Just one day after Earnhardt crossed the finish line and took the checkered flag in his second career victory of the Great American Race, Lionel Racing began selling and producing a die-cast model of Junior’s 500-winning car.
And even though it’s only been five days since Junior’s Daytona triumph, the new version is already on track to become the best-selling car in Lionel Racing’s fleet ever since it became the Official Die-Cast of NASCAR in 2010, the company said in a press release on Friday.
According to the company, “Just 12 hours after Earnhardt took the checkered flag in the sport’s biggest race of the season, sales of the die-cast were more than double the first full day’s sales of any previous win car – including Earnhardt’s ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Michigan Win car from 2012.”
The company said that as of Monday, die-cast orders on the company’s web site were selling at a rate of more than 100 per hour, with similar record levels trending at distributors and dealers.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 1
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 2
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1