Mar 1, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski just keeps rolling along.
First, he finished third in last Sunday’s Daytona 500.
Then on Friday he set a track record en route to earning the pole for Sunday’s The Profit on CNBC 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway.
Keselowski extended his success during qualifying for Saturday’s Nationwide Series’ Blue Jeans Go Green 200 by also taking the pole for that race.
Keselowski covered the one-mile flat track at PIR in a speed of 134.053 mph (at 26.855 seconds).
Richard Childress Racing driver Brian Scott was second fastest (134.043) and will sit on the outside pole.
Here’s the lineup for today’s Nationwide race:
Row 1: Brad Keselowski, Brian Scott
Row 13: Jeffrey Earnhardt, Will Kimmell III
Row 16: Jeremy Clements, Ruben Garcia Mateos
Row 17: Carl Long, Tommy Joe Martins
Row 20: Martin Roy
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5