Mar 1, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Second place is the first loser? Apparently, not to V8 Supercar drivers Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup.
With Craig Lowndes running all alone up front in Race 2 of the Clipsal 500, second-year driver McLaughlin was left to scrap with five-time series champion Whincup for the runner-up position on the final lap.
The resulting battle between youth and experience was a thriller. No matter what form of racing you prefer, you have to give it up to these two men for fighting as hard as they did – and doing it clean.
We won’t spoil it for you by telling you who got the spot. Just watch the clip above that’s, in a word, awesome.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3