Mar 1, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Second place is the first loser? Apparently, not to V8 Supercar drivers Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup.
With Craig Lowndes running all alone up front in Race 2 of the Clipsal 500, second-year driver McLaughlin was left to scrap with five-time series champion Whincup for the runner-up position on the final lap.
The resulting battle between youth and experience was a thriller. No matter what form of racing you prefer, you have to give it up to these two men for fighting as hard as they did – and doing it clean.
We won’t spoil it for you by telling you who got the spot. Just watch the clip above that’s, in a word, awesome.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 90
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 5
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 15
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1