Mar 1, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Second place is the first loser? Apparently, not to V8 Supercar drivers Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup.
With Craig Lowndes running all alone up front in Race 2 of the Clipsal 500, second-year driver McLaughlin was left to scrap with five-time series champion Whincup for the runner-up position on the final lap.
The resulting battle between youth and experience was a thriller. No matter what form of racing you prefer, you have to give it up to these two men for fighting as hard as they did – and doing it clean.
We won’t spoil it for you by telling you who got the spot. Just watch the clip above that’s, in a word, awesome.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0