Mar 1, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Second place is the first loser? Apparently, not to V8 Supercar drivers Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup.
With Craig Lowndes running all alone up front in Race 2 of the Clipsal 500, second-year driver McLaughlin was left to scrap with five-time series champion Whincup for the runner-up position on the final lap.
The resulting battle between youth and experience was a thriller. No matter what form of racing you prefer, you have to give it up to these two men for fighting as hard as they did – and doing it clean.
We won’t spoil it for you by telling you who got the spot. Just watch the clip above that’s, in a word, awesome.
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2