Mar 1, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Second place is the first loser? Apparently, not to V8 Supercar drivers Scott McLaughlin and Jamie Whincup.
With Craig Lowndes running all alone up front in Race 2 of the Clipsal 500, second-year driver McLaughlin was left to scrap with five-time series champion Whincup for the runner-up position on the final lap.
The resulting battle between youth and experience was a thriller. No matter what form of racing you prefer, you have to give it up to these two men for fighting as hard as they did – and doing it clean.
We won’t spoil it for you by telling you who got the spot. Just watch the clip above that’s, in a word, awesome.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5