Mar 2, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg is confident that the team is in good shape ahead of the new F1 season, which gets underway in just fourteen days’ time at the Australian Grand Prix.
The German driver, who returns to Force India in 2014 after a year away at Sauber, finished testing today in Bahrain in fourth place on the timesheets and 74 laps under his belt. Although he did not manage to complete a race simulation, Hulkenberg is pleased with the work that the team has completed across the winter period.
“The final day of testing went pretty well,” he explained. “In the end we didn’t do the race simulation, but we did some long runs and signed off a lot of other things on the job list. We didn’t do as many laps as yesterday, but we still made progress and learned some new things.
“It’s been two good days for me and I’m feeling pretty satisfied. You always want more time to prepare, but I think we’re in good shape. The car has come a long way since the first Jerez test and we have made progress every day.”
Like the other Mercedes-powered teams, Force India has excelled during the testing period. Sergio Perez finished as the quickest driver on the first two days of the final test in Bahrain, and with such a capable driver line-up in 2014, the team could be set to make a big step forwards and improve on sixth place in the championship last season.
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 0
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1