Mar 3, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
At last night’s Academy Awards in Hollywood, “Rush” was shut out of any nominations, which would seem to remove any racing element of the show. That said, Chris Hemsworth (James Hunt) still appeared as a presenter, and Leonardo DiCaprio has an FIA Formula E team he can still win with since he lost out for Best Actor to Matthew McConaughey.
Perhaps the biggest moment of the show though was when Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres got together with a number of A-list celebrities and took a “selfie.” That selfie generated more than 2 million retweets on Twitter, to become the most tweet retweeted of all-time.
And in the hours since, that selfie has generated hundreds of memes, where other faces are plastered onto the celebrities.
It’s at this point we show you that Fernando Alonso discovered a meme where F1 drivers’ faces are on the celebrities, originating from Twitter user @EvenstarSaima.
Not sure who did this, just found here on twitter, but it’s epic..😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/jc04Wid9fI
— Fernando Alonso (@alo_oficial) March 3, 2014
Those featured include Lotus’ pair of Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean, both looking pained. Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo are on as well, with their facial expressions providing a good representation of their preseason struggles.
Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez of Force India have grumpy faces, odd considering Force India’s considerable pace in testing. Meanwhile Mercedes factory drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton look happy, again, which would match how well their preseason testing went. Hamilton’s bulldog Roscoe appears nearby.
Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen appear as well, Alonso of course with his famous “selfie” taken from the Italian Grand Prix to capture the “tifosi” Photoshopped in. Williams’ Felipe Massa rounds out the lineup.
Kudos to Alonso for discovering it and props to @EvenstarSaima for the creation.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1