Mar 3, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
At last night’s Academy Awards in Hollywood, “Rush” was shut out of any nominations, which would seem to remove any racing element of the show. That said, Chris Hemsworth (James Hunt) still appeared as a presenter, and Leonardo DiCaprio has an FIA Formula E team he can still win with since he lost out for Best Actor to Matthew McConaughey.
Perhaps the biggest moment of the show though was when Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres got together with a number of A-list celebrities and took a “selfie.” That selfie generated more than 2 million retweets on Twitter, to become the most tweet retweeted of all-time.
And in the hours since, that selfie has generated hundreds of memes, where other faces are plastered onto the celebrities.
It’s at this point we show you that Fernando Alonso discovered a meme where F1 drivers’ faces are on the celebrities, originating from Twitter user @EvenstarSaima.
Not sure who did this, just found here on twitter, but it’s epic..😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/jc04Wid9fI
— Fernando Alonso (@alo_oficial) March 3, 2014
Those featured include Lotus’ pair of Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean, both looking pained. Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo are on as well, with their facial expressions providing a good representation of their preseason struggles.
Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez of Force India have grumpy faces, odd considering Force India’s considerable pace in testing. Meanwhile Mercedes factory drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton look happy, again, which would match how well their preseason testing went. Hamilton’s bulldog Roscoe appears nearby.
Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen appear as well, Alonso of course with his famous “selfie” taken from the Italian Grand Prix to capture the “tifosi” Photoshopped in. Williams’ Felipe Massa rounds out the lineup.
Kudos to Alonso for discovering it and props to @EvenstarSaima for the creation.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2