Mar 3, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Today though, the focus is where it should be: putting wheels in motion and actually putting Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda on track.
Rahal tests at Sebring, in another chance to work with new engineer Bill Pappas and new head of R&D John Dick. He hasn’t been in a car since his run with the RLL BMW team at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, where he finished fourth in the GT Le Mans class in the team’s No. 56 BMW Z4.
Per IndyCar’s testing schedule, Rahal was initially slated to test at Barber. The team has instead opted to test at Sebring, with better weather at the central Florida short course. Here’s a quick snap of the car on track, in livery.
— RLL Racing (@RLLracing) March 3, 2014
Ganassi was supposed to test at Barber today but has canceled due to the weather. Others beyond that listed to test in the next day or two from the IndyCar test schedule include:
- Team Penske, all three cars, March 3, Sebring
- Andretti Autosport, cars TBD, March 3, Homestead
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, cars TBD, March 4, Homestead
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1