Mar 3, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Today though, the focus is where it should be: putting wheels in motion and actually putting Graham Rahal’s No. 15 National Guard Honda on track.
Rahal tests at Sebring, in another chance to work with new engineer Bill Pappas and new head of R&D John Dick. He hasn’t been in a car since his run with the RLL BMW team at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, where he finished fourth in the GT Le Mans class in the team’s No. 56 BMW Z4.
Per IndyCar’s testing schedule, Rahal was initially slated to test at Barber. The team has instead opted to test at Sebring, with better weather at the central Florida short course. Here’s a quick snap of the car on track, in livery.
— RLL Racing (@RLLracing) March 3, 2014
Ganassi was supposed to test at Barber today but has canceled due to the weather. Others beyond that listed to test in the next day or two from the IndyCar test schedule include:
- Team Penske, all three cars, March 3, Sebring
- Andretti Autosport, cars TBD, March 3, Homestead
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, cars TBD, March 4, Homestead
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11