Mar 4, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Kurt Busch‘s confirmation this morning he’ll be racing in this year’s Indianapolis 500, as he’ll attempt the Indy-Charlotte double on Memorial Day, is likely going to be the biggest official news of the day in IndyCar. But it will be far from the only piece of potential news.
- Cosworth CEO Hal Reisiger is having meetings today with INDYCAR officials to determine the next step in the process of Cosworth re-entering the IndyCar engine game, as it seeks to partner with an OEM.
- Later tonight, the Long Beach City Council will hold a closed-session meeting to determine whether it will continue its long-standing lease with the Grand Prix Association of Long Beach LLC (they want a five-year extension, per the Long Beach Press-Telegram) or whether to open up the bidding process as Formula One organizers seek a return.
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports tests today at Homestead-Miami Speedway, with Mikhail Aleshin and Simon Pagenaud. After the test, Pagenaud will fly to France tonight to race in Rallye de la Vienne, near his hometown, in a Peugeot 207 S2000.
- Maybe Dale Coyne names his second driver or Bryan Herta his first one? Probably not, but they’re still yet to be officially revealed with only a little more than three weeks until the season opener in St. Petersburg, and only a week and a half until the official preseason test at Barber Motorsports Park.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0