Mar 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Andretti Autosport’s preparations for the Red Bull Global Rallycross season continued this past weekend in Portugal, where Andretti pilots Scott Speed and Tanner Faust tested their 2014 Volkswagen Polo that they’ll use for the first race in Barbados.
Speed told the GRC’s official website that the goal of the test was to put together a plan for the upcoming debut of the VW Beetle. To that end, VW Motorsport technicians were among those on site to help Speed, Faust and Andretti with the test.
Nonetheless, he figures the Polo will come out stronger as well thanks to the extra work.
“There’s no question that the Polo is still very much an intermediate ride for us, just to get us by until the Beetle gets here,” Speed said. “But the effort that has gone into it is super valuable for us.”
You can check out an in-car clip of Speed putting the Polo through its paces above.
Nine Red Bull Global Rallycross events in 2014 will be broadcast on NBC, with six being broadcast live. For the full NBC schedule, click here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6