Mar 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Andretti Autosport’s preparations for the Red Bull Global Rallycross season continued this past weekend in Portugal, where Andretti pilots Scott Speed and Tanner Faust tested their 2014 Volkswagen Polo that they’ll use for the first race in Barbados.
Speed told the GRC’s official website that the goal of the test was to put together a plan for the upcoming debut of the VW Beetle. To that end, VW Motorsport technicians were among those on site to help Speed, Faust and Andretti with the test.
Nonetheless, he figures the Polo will come out stronger as well thanks to the extra work.
“There’s no question that the Polo is still very much an intermediate ride for us, just to get us by until the Beetle gets here,” Speed said. “But the effort that has gone into it is super valuable for us.”
You can check out an in-car clip of Speed putting the Polo through its paces above.
Nine Red Bull Global Rallycross events in 2014 will be broadcast on NBC, with six being broadcast live. For the full NBC schedule, click here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1