Mar 4, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Three other IndyCar pieces of news to report on Tuesday, on what’s turning into a busy day in the news cycle:
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing put out a release Monday night after the team’s first running of 2014. Graham Rahal completed 124 laps on Sebring’s short course, utilizing an older version of Honda’s new twin-turbo engine configuration. “We dealt with a couple of issues this morning so we started a couple of hours into the day but we got a ton done in a short period of time. We worked through our entire test list and I feel pretty good about where we stand,” he said. His engineer Bill Pappas said conditions weren’t ideal, with 80-degree temperatures and different rubber making for a slippery, greasy track surface, but they worked through.
- KV Racing Technology confirmed Mikael Grenier as “an associated driver” for 2014, which doesn’t mean too much in terms of actual track time but does give the French Canadian a formal role with the team. The 21-year-old Quebec native tested for the team in November at Sebring. He’ll attend team meetings at selected races and potentially test more later this year. “We are very happy to have Mikael be associated with KV Racing Technology,” said KVRT General Manager Steve Moore. “Mikael did a good job during the test earlier this year and we felt a more formal association was warranted. We look forward to having him attend several races this year in an effort to accelerate his learning curve with an eye toward developing a more substantial relationship in the future.”
- Per a Cosworth spokesperson, there won’t be anything further to announce on their front on Tuesday after a round of meetings between Cosworth Automotive CEO Hal Reisiger and INDYCAR officials. Last week, MotorSportsTalk was first to report Cosworth’s interest in returning to IndyCar, with the hopes of partnering with an OEM. It’s all part of a bigger, global strategy for the company.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 1
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 21
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld