Mar 4, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
For 2014, we don’t have a term as yet, but we do have a smiling “Smoke.”
And that in and of itself is newsworthy.
Although Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix on Sunday, his team owner was in a less than satisfactory mood after a 16th-place finish of his own, Danica Patrick‘s struggles and Kurt Busch‘s engine failure.
But in this video, Mobil 1 ends the 1:06 clip of a “Smokey and the Bandit” throwback-type ad featuring Smoke looking far more pleased than he was end of day Sunday.
See for yourself if this tops the 2013 spot that played throughout the year. And yes, we wonder if there’s more to come in this series.
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 4
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1