Mar 4, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
For 2014, we don’t have a term as yet, but we do have a smiling “Smoke.”
And that in and of itself is newsworthy.
Although Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix on Sunday, his team owner was in a less than satisfactory mood after a 16th-place finish of his own, Danica Patrick‘s struggles and Kurt Busch‘s engine failure.
But in this video, Mobil 1 ends the 1:06 clip of a “Smokey and the Bandit” throwback-type ad featuring Smoke looking far more pleased than he was end of day Sunday.
See for yourself if this tops the 2013 spot that played throughout the year. And yes, we wonder if there’s more to come in this series.
Video from NASCAR America
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 0
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 4
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3