Mar 4, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
For 2014, we don’t have a term as yet, but we do have a smiling “Smoke.”
And that in and of itself is newsworthy.
Although Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix on Sunday, his team owner was in a less than satisfactory mood after a 16th-place finish of his own, Danica Patrick‘s struggles and Kurt Busch‘s engine failure.
But in this video, Mobil 1 ends the 1:06 clip of a “Smokey and the Bandit” throwback-type ad featuring Smoke looking far more pleased than he was end of day Sunday.
See for yourself if this tops the 2013 spot that played throughout the year. And yes, we wonder if there’s more to come in this series.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0