Mar 4, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
For 2014, we don’t have a term as yet, but we do have a smiling “Smoke.”
And that in and of itself is newsworthy.
Although Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix on Sunday, his team owner was in a less than satisfactory mood after a 16th-place finish of his own, Danica Patrick‘s struggles and Kurt Busch‘s engine failure.
But in this video, Mobil 1 ends the 1:06 clip of a “Smokey and the Bandit” throwback-type ad featuring Smoke looking far more pleased than he was end of day Sunday.
See for yourself if this tops the 2013 spot that played throughout the year. And yes, we wonder if there’s more to come in this series.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5