Mar 4, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
For 2014, we don’t have a term as yet, but we do have a smiling “Smoke.”
And that in and of itself is newsworthy.
Although Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick won at Phoenix on Sunday, his team owner was in a less than satisfactory mood after a 16th-place finish of his own, Danica Patrick‘s struggles and Kurt Busch‘s engine failure.
But in this video, Mobil 1 ends the 1:06 clip of a “Smokey and the Bandit” throwback-type ad featuring Smoke looking far more pleased than he was end of day Sunday.
See for yourself if this tops the 2013 spot that played throughout the year. And yes, we wonder if there’s more to come in this series.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3