Mar 5, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has kick-started his 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season in the best possible way, by winning the Daytona 500 and finishing second at Phoenix last weekend.
And now the marketing people have taken notice with what should be a perfectly fitting sponsor for this weekend at Las Vegas.
The No. 88 Chevy SS will be adorned with the brand new Mtn Dew Kickstart paint scheme, and Earnhardt will also have a new firesuit. It’s the first time for this livery.
See a pic of the hood below, and the car above.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 5
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2