Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Per NASCAR.com reporter David Caraviello, Menard’s wife is expecting the couple’s first child. Crafton, 37, meanwhile (see picture, right) became a first-time father in 2013 when he and wife Ashley celebrated their daughter’s birth on April 26.
On the off chance Crafton would start the Sprint Cup race this weekend, it would mark his first career start in the championship. He filled in for Menard at RCR this January though, testing at Daytona. That occasion saw Menard MIA due to a reported burst pipe at his home.
Crafton, of Tulare, Calif., has only started three Nationwide Series races as well. But since his Truck debut in 2000, he has made 317 career starts.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0