Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Per NASCAR.com reporter David Caraviello, Menard’s wife is expecting the couple’s first child. Crafton, 37, meanwhile (see picture, right) became a first-time father in 2013 when he and wife Ashley celebrated their daughter’s birth on April 26.
On the off chance Crafton would start the Sprint Cup race this weekend, it would mark his first career start in the championship. He filled in for Menard at RCR this January though, testing at Daytona. That occasion saw Menard MIA due to a reported burst pipe at his home.
Crafton, of Tulare, Calif., has only started three Nationwide Series races as well. But since his Truck debut in 2000, he has made 317 career starts.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 5
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0