Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Per NASCAR.com reporter David Caraviello, Menard’s wife is expecting the couple’s first child. Crafton, 37, meanwhile (see picture, right) became a first-time father in 2013 when he and wife Ashley celebrated their daughter’s birth on April 26.
On the off chance Crafton would start the Sprint Cup race this weekend, it would mark his first career start in the championship. He filled in for Menard at RCR this January though, testing at Daytona. That occasion saw Menard MIA due to a reported burst pipe at his home.
Crafton, of Tulare, Calif., has only started three Nationwide Series races as well. But since his Truck debut in 2000, he has made 317 career starts.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 9
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0