Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Per NASCAR.com reporter David Caraviello, Menard’s wife is expecting the couple’s first child. Crafton, 37, meanwhile (see picture, right) became a first-time father in 2013 when he and wife Ashley celebrated their daughter’s birth on April 26.
On the off chance Crafton would start the Sprint Cup race this weekend, it would mark his first career start in the championship. He filled in for Menard at RCR this January though, testing at Daytona. That occasion saw Menard MIA due to a reported burst pipe at his home.
Crafton, of Tulare, Calif., has only started three Nationwide Series races as well. But since his Truck debut in 2000, he has made 317 career starts.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 0
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 8
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0