Mar 5, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Per NASCAR.com reporter David Caraviello, Menard’s wife is expecting the couple’s first child. Crafton, 37, meanwhile (see picture, right) became a first-time father in 2013 when he and wife Ashley celebrated their daughter’s birth on April 26.
On the off chance Crafton would start the Sprint Cup race this weekend, it would mark his first career start in the championship. He filled in for Menard at RCR this January though, testing at Daytona. That occasion saw Menard MIA due to a reported burst pipe at his home.
Crafton, of Tulare, Calif., has only started three Nationwide Series races as well. But since his Truck debut in 2000, he has made 317 career starts.
- Alonso digs at “science fiction” as crash saga rumbles on 0
- Sebastian Vettel first discussed Ferrari move back in 2008 1
- FIA considering tender for new Formula 1 teams 5
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2