Mar 5, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
Former NASCAR and IndyCar driver Robby Gordon‘s stadium trucks series continues to grow in its second season.
The series, which will be televised for the second straight year on NBC and the NBC Sports Network, will be rebranded this season, now that Traxxas has come on board as a presenting sponsor for the full schedule.
The series will now be known as SPEED Energy Formula Off-Road Series Presented by Traxxas.
“Traxxas has been a major supporter of SST/Formula Off-Road Series since its inception and the brand continues to realize the marketing capabilities of our unique series by taking this presenting role after fielding two trucks in the Series in our first season,” Gordon said in a statement.
The series kicks off a 13-event schedule on March 28-30 in the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (Fla.). Other cities on the 2014 circuit are Long Beach, Calif., Indianapolis; Detroit; Austin, Texas; Toronto, Canada; Costa Mesa, Calif.; San Diego and the season-ending event Nov. 3-7 in Las Vegas.
Traxxas is one of the largest manufacturers of radio control vehicles in the world – including cars, trucks, boats and helicopters – and touts itself as “the Fastest Name in Radio Control.”
“Being associated with the Formula Off-Road Series provides the perfect forum for Traxxas to showcase the extreme capabilities and incredible fun that our vehicles deliver,” Traxxas President Mike Jenkins said. “The SSTs are fast, jump and fly high, just as their scaled-down Traxxas R/C replicas. The Formula Off-Road Series allows us to market our trucks and cars directly to one of our most targeted groups of customers and put our products in their hands to experience and enjoy.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 15
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1