Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video)
Mar 6, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
And while it may seem a bit hokey seeing Stewart mimicking Burt Reynolds in Smokey and The Bandit – especially Smoke’s fake mustache (we’ve already found him with two different color types) and the bushy Elvis-like sideburns – the new video is full of fun and frivolity.
Featuring Ricky Craven and Hermie Sadler as Big Enos and Little Enos, the goal is for Stewart to go to Texarkana, Texas, to pick up 400 bottles of Mobil 1 Oil. NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip plays The Snowman (the late Jerry Reed did so in the original Smokey and The Bandit).
Two episodes in the series will be released each week, according to producers. The first episode, “The Challenge,” is below.
“Smokey and the Bandit is still my all-time favorite movie,” said Stewart. “Bringing this legendary movie back to the screen – with the Bandit’s black Trans Am and all – has been an absolute blast and I hope the fans have just as much fun watching the videos.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 6
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0
- Conway bags second Toronto win thanks to pit gamble, great restart (VIDEO) 4
- German GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1