Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video)
Mar 6, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
And while it may seem a bit hokey seeing Stewart mimicking Burt Reynolds in Smokey and The Bandit – especially Smoke’s fake mustache (we’ve already found him with two different color types) and the bushy Elvis-like sideburns – the new video is full of fun and frivolity.
Featuring Ricky Craven and Hermie Sadler as Big Enos and Little Enos, the goal is for Stewart to go to Texarkana, Texas, to pick up 400 bottles of Mobil 1 Oil. NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip plays The Snowman (the late Jerry Reed did so in the original Smokey and The Bandit).
Two episodes in the series will be released each week, according to producers. The first episode, “The Challenge,” is below.
“Smokey and the Bandit is still my all-time favorite movie,” said Stewart. “Bringing this legendary movie back to the screen – with the Bandit’s black Trans Am and all – has been an absolute blast and I hope the fans have just as much fun watching the videos.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6