Mar 6, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is bringing in actor Jonathan Goldsmith, better known as Dos Equis (XX) beer’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” to give what has already been termed the “Most Interesting Command in the World.”
He’ll also serve as grand marshal, and he’s got the perfectly cliche quote to match the announcement.
“When it comes to NASCAR races, I prefer Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” Goldsmith said in a track-issued release.
If you’re up for more cliches, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except this command, which will likely go down as one of the most memorable this season.
We have reason to think the racing in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at LVMS will be interesting enough, as it marks the first race at a 1.5-mile oval of the new Generation-6 cars with the aero adjustments made by NASCAR’s competition department.
But hell, if that doesn’t work, at least the guy giving the command will be reason enough to tune in to the start on Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0