Mar 6, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is bringing in actor Jonathan Goldsmith, better known as Dos Equis (XX) beer’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” to give what has already been termed the “Most Interesting Command in the World.”
He’ll also serve as grand marshal, and he’s got the perfectly cliche quote to match the announcement.
“When it comes to NASCAR races, I prefer Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” Goldsmith said in a track-issued release.
If you’re up for more cliches, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except this command, which will likely go down as one of the most memorable this season.
We have reason to think the racing in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at LVMS will be interesting enough, as it marks the first race at a 1.5-mile oval of the new Generation-6 cars with the aero adjustments made by NASCAR’s competition department.
But hell, if that doesn’t work, at least the guy giving the command will be reason enough to tune in to the start on Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10