Mar 6, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is bringing in actor Jonathan Goldsmith, better known as Dos Equis (XX) beer’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” to give what has already been termed the “Most Interesting Command in the World.”
He’ll also serve as grand marshal, and he’s got the perfectly cliche quote to match the announcement.
“When it comes to NASCAR races, I prefer Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” Goldsmith said in a track-issued release.
If you’re up for more cliches, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except this command, which will likely go down as one of the most memorable this season.
We have reason to think the racing in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at LVMS will be interesting enough, as it marks the first race at a 1.5-mile oval of the new Generation-6 cars with the aero adjustments made by NASCAR’s competition department.
But hell, if that doesn’t work, at least the guy giving the command will be reason enough to tune in to the start on Sunday.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0