Mar 6, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Las Vegas Motor Speedway is bringing in actor Jonathan Goldsmith, better known as Dos Equis (XX) beer’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” to give what has already been termed the “Most Interesting Command in the World.”
He’ll also serve as grand marshal, and he’s got the perfectly cliche quote to match the announcement.
“When it comes to NASCAR races, I prefer Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” Goldsmith said in a track-issued release.
If you’re up for more cliches, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except this command, which will likely go down as one of the most memorable this season.
We have reason to think the racing in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at LVMS will be interesting enough, as it marks the first race at a 1.5-mile oval of the new Generation-6 cars with the aero adjustments made by NASCAR’s competition department.
But hell, if that doesn’t work, at least the guy giving the command will be reason enough to tune in to the start on Sunday.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14