The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas

Mar 6, 2014, 4:00 PM EST

Jonathan Goldsmith AP

Las Vegas Motor Speedway is bringing in actor Jonathan Goldsmith, better known as Dos Equis (XX) beer’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” to give what has already been termed the “Most Interesting Command in the World.”

He’ll also serve as grand marshal, and he’s got the perfectly cliche quote to match the announcement.

“When it comes to NASCAR races, I prefer Las Vegas Motor Speedway,” Goldsmith said in a track-issued release.

If you’re up for more cliches, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except this command, which will likely go down as one of the most memorable this season.

We have reason to think the racing in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at LVMS will be interesting enough, as it marks the first race at a 1.5-mile oval of the new Generation-6 cars with the aero adjustments made by NASCAR’s competition department.

But hell, if that doesn’t work, at least the guy giving the command will be reason enough to tune in to the start on Sunday.

1. honeydoguy - Mar 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Interesting

2. Jeff - Mar 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM

But I doubt fans will be able to buy Dos Equis there.

3. worknman24hours - Mar 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM

“I don’t drink beer often but when I do…”

“Buddie,when I dringk beeer,it’s a gowld darn good ole Budweiser!”

“Yea,I think I steeped in some Daws Equinus,in the horse barn fer I come to the race!”

“Bud!-Bud!Bud!Bud!”

“And Coors Light too!”

“Get outta here with that mountain spring water,that ain’t no beer!”

“I’ll kick yer..”!

“You feelin froggy,GET LEAPIN!i’M GONNA KICK YOU BACK TO COLORADO!Don’t you spill ma.Beer!”

“I don’t drink beer often and I don’t come to a NASCAR races unless I’m paid to.”

• worknman24hours - Mar 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

We will see how NASCAR blends this guys sales moniker into the races.

I just don’t see how it can it.

NASCAR is about racing, friends and family and there ain’t darn thing elitest about it.

That’s why I love NASCAR.

4. worknman24hours - Mar 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM

O.K. time for me to apologize.

Mr.Goldsmith did a great job of starting the race.

He left the character he plays on tv there ( not the ladies though-NICE!) and came like a fan.

Thank you for doing a great job of starting the Vegas race, Mr.Goldsmith.

You knocked that ,”Start Your Engines ! ” right out the park.

Video from NASCAR America

Most unexpected event of 2014?
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches