Mar 6, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Williams has confirmed its Martini partnership and revealed a stunning new, clean livery on the team’s FW36-Mercedes on Thursday.
Rumors had swirled for the last month or so regarding the appointment of Martini, as it now makes its return to Formula One for the first time since 2008.
To go along with the livery change, Williams will now identify as Williams Martini Racing, and its Twitter handle changes to @WilliamsRacing from @WilliamsF1Team.
“We are thrilled to welcome Martini to the Williams family and officially launch Williams Martini Racing,” said Sir Frank Williams, Founder and Team Principal, Williams. “Williams and Martini share a rich history in the world of motorsport, and the values of our two brands and our shared passion for racing make this partnership a natural fit. It will be great to see the distinctive stripes of Martini Racing return to Formula One once again in unison with Williams.”
Enough about words, though. Here’s a couple more pics of the car to be driven by Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 0
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6