Mar 10, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski likely won’t have to worry about missing the Chase for the Sprint Cup this year after winning yesterday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when Dale Earnhardt Jr. ran out of fuel on the final lap while leading.
The victory capped a stellar weekend for Keselowski, who also held off Kyle Busch on Saturday to win the 300-mile race for the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast spoke with the 2012 Cup champion in Victory Lane yesterday, and you can catch the interview during today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Despite losing out, Earnhardt remains on a white-hot start with three consecutive Top-2 finishes. He’s now just the fifth driver to begin a Cup season in that fashion (Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Dale Jarrett and Jimmie Johnson being the others), and Marty Snider will have more on that in a report from Hendrick Motorsports headquarters.
Plus, NBCSN contributor Jeff Burton will talk about how the Gen-6 car worked with the new rules package from his perspective after finishing 17th in yesterday’s race.
In case you wish to watch today’s show online, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified.
Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0