Mar 10, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski likely won’t have to worry about missing the Chase for the Sprint Cup this year after winning yesterday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when Dale Earnhardt Jr. ran out of fuel on the final lap while leading.
The victory capped a stellar weekend for Keselowski, who also held off Kyle Busch on Saturday to win the 300-mile race for the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast spoke with the 2012 Cup champion in Victory Lane yesterday, and you can catch the interview during today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Despite losing out, Earnhardt remains on a white-hot start with three consecutive Top-2 finishes. He’s now just the fifth driver to begin a Cup season in that fashion (Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Dale Jarrett and Jimmie Johnson being the others), and Marty Snider will have more on that in a report from Hendrick Motorsports headquarters.
Plus, NBCSN contributor Jeff Burton will talk about how the Gen-6 car worked with the new rules package from his perspective after finishing 17th in yesterday’s race.
In case you wish to watch today’s show online, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified.
Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10