Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing has had a relatively quiet start to the 2014 Sprint Cup season.
Carl Edwards got a Top-5 finish last weekend in Las Vegas but that was thanks to a strategy play and not entirely on pure competitiveness. Meanwhile, his teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. both finished outside the Top 20.
Biffle himself was pessimistic about his chances going into Sunday’s race after a poor showing in last Thursday’s test session, in which the quickest RFR driver was only 27th overall on the time sheets.
NBCSN’s Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach talked about the team’s early struggles in this afternoon’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. You can hear their takes in the clip above.
Remember to watch NASCAR AMERICA every weekday at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0