Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing has had a relatively quiet start to the 2014 Sprint Cup season.
Carl Edwards got a Top-5 finish last weekend in Las Vegas but that was thanks to a strategy play and not entirely on pure competitiveness. Meanwhile, his teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. both finished outside the Top 20.
Biffle himself was pessimistic about his chances going into Sunday’s race after a poor showing in last Thursday’s test session, in which the quickest RFR driver was only 27th overall on the time sheets.
NBCSN’s Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach talked about the team’s early struggles in this afternoon’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. You can hear their takes in the clip above.
Remember to watch NASCAR AMERICA every weekday at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2