Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing has had a relatively quiet start to the 2014 Sprint Cup season.
Carl Edwards got a Top-5 finish last weekend in Las Vegas but that was thanks to a strategy play and not entirely on pure competitiveness. Meanwhile, his teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. both finished outside the Top 20.
Biffle himself was pessimistic about his chances going into Sunday’s race after a poor showing in last Thursday’s test session, in which the quickest RFR driver was only 27th overall on the time sheets.
NBCSN’s Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach talked about the team’s early struggles in this afternoon’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. You can hear their takes in the clip above.
Remember to watch NASCAR AMERICA every weekday at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 0
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 16