Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing has had a relatively quiet start to the 2014 Sprint Cup season.
Carl Edwards got a Top-5 finish last weekend in Las Vegas but that was thanks to a strategy play and not entirely on pure competitiveness. Meanwhile, his teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. both finished outside the Top 20.
Biffle himself was pessimistic about his chances going into Sunday’s race after a poor showing in last Thursday’s test session, in which the quickest RFR driver was only 27th overall on the time sheets.
NBCSN’s Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach talked about the team’s early struggles in this afternoon’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. You can hear their takes in the clip above.
Remember to watch NASCAR AMERICA every weekday at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
Video from NASCAR America
- The most memorable moments of IndyCar 2014 (so far) 0
- Mercedes drivers “remain free to race” following meeting today 1
- With nothing to lose, IndyCar title contender Pagenaud charges into Fontana 0
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 29
- Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 21
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0