Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Roush Fenway Racing has had a relatively quiet start to the 2014 Sprint Cup season.
Carl Edwards got a Top-5 finish last weekend in Las Vegas but that was thanks to a strategy play and not entirely on pure competitiveness. Meanwhile, his teammates Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. both finished outside the Top 20.
Biffle himself was pessimistic about his chances going into Sunday’s race after a poor showing in last Thursday’s test session, in which the quickest RFR driver was only 27th overall on the time sheets.
NBCSN’s Leigh Diffey and Wally Dallenbach talked about the team’s early struggles in this afternoon’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA. You can hear their takes in the clip above.
Remember to watch NASCAR AMERICA every weekday at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
- Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 0
- Pippa Mann revels in career-best IndyCar finish at Fontana 0
- After tough recent outings, Jack Hawksworth relishes 10th-place showing at Fontana 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 1
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1