Mar 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Back in January, Magnus Racing asked us to “Rediscover Sportscar” with a hopeful, whimsical clip that revolved around the favorite pastime of many a young child: Playing with toy race cars.
For the second video in the “Rediscover” series, Magnus has gone in a decidedly different direction.
Featuring a voice cast of well-known TUDOR United SportsCar Championship personalities from both the track and the broadcast booth, the clip sees Magnus’ driving duo of Andy Lally and John Potter going on an “It’s A Wonderful Life”-esque journey to the early days of Sebring International Raceway – and then advancing through the decades to see North American sports car racing’s evolution.
But along the way, Lally and Potter meet some…shall we say…interesting characters. We won’t go any farther than that, as we’d spoil the mind-blowing qualities that this clip does possess.
Just watch it above. You’ll see what we mean.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0