Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
The 2013 Indy Lights runner-up will be back for an encore campaign in the championship.
Belardi Auto Racing has confirmed Gabby Chaves as the team’s second driver for the 2014 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires season, alongside rookie Alexandre Baron. Chaves won his first race in 2013 at Mid-Ohio and finished second to Schmidt Peterson Motorsports teammate Sage Karam in the championship.
“They have the motivation and desire to win, which is the most important thing, and they have the crew and the cars to get the job done,” Chaves said in a release. “I can’t thank Brian Belardi and the whole team enough for this great opportunity they are giving me and the trust they have placed in me, as well as my sponsors Marca Colombia and Coldeportes for their continued support. I look forward to a great season, winning many races, and the Indy Lights championship this year.”
Chaves is racing in this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring with DeltaWing Racing Cars, in the unique DeltaWing DWC13 Elan-powered coupe.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1