Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
The 2013 Indy Lights runner-up will be back for an encore campaign in the championship.
Belardi Auto Racing has confirmed Gabby Chaves as the team’s second driver for the 2014 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires season, alongside rookie Alexandre Baron. Chaves won his first race in 2013 at Mid-Ohio and finished second to Schmidt Peterson Motorsports teammate Sage Karam in the championship.
“They have the motivation and desire to win, which is the most important thing, and they have the crew and the cars to get the job done,” Chaves said in a release. “I can’t thank Brian Belardi and the whole team enough for this great opportunity they are giving me and the trust they have placed in me, as well as my sponsors Marca Colombia and Coldeportes for their continued support. I look forward to a great season, winning many races, and the Indy Lights championship this year.”
Chaves is racing in this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring with DeltaWing Racing Cars, in the unique DeltaWing DWC13 Elan-powered coupe.
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 1
- IndyCar confirms Boston race for 2016 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4
- Tony Kanaan says older part, reinforced suspension contributed to Hinchcliffe’s crash and injury 7