Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
The 2013 Indy Lights runner-up will be back for an encore campaign in the championship.
Belardi Auto Racing has confirmed Gabby Chaves as the team’s second driver for the 2014 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires season, alongside rookie Alexandre Baron. Chaves won his first race in 2013 at Mid-Ohio and finished second to Schmidt Peterson Motorsports teammate Sage Karam in the championship.
“They have the motivation and desire to win, which is the most important thing, and they have the crew and the cars to get the job done,” Chaves said in a release. “I can’t thank Brian Belardi and the whole team enough for this great opportunity they are giving me and the trust they have placed in me, as well as my sponsors Marca Colombia and Coldeportes for their continued support. I look forward to a great season, winning many races, and the Indy Lights championship this year.”
Chaves is racing in this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring with DeltaWing Racing Cars, in the unique DeltaWing DWC13 Elan-powered coupe.
- Alonso digs at “science fiction” as crash saga rumbles on 1
- Sebastian Vettel first discussed Ferrari move back in 2008 1
- FIA considering tender for new Formula 1 teams 6
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2