Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
The 2013 Indy Lights runner-up will be back for an encore campaign in the championship.
Belardi Auto Racing has confirmed Gabby Chaves as the team’s second driver for the 2014 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires season, alongside rookie Alexandre Baron. Chaves won his first race in 2013 at Mid-Ohio and finished second to Schmidt Peterson Motorsports teammate Sage Karam in the championship.
“They have the motivation and desire to win, which is the most important thing, and they have the crew and the cars to get the job done,” Chaves said in a release. “I can’t thank Brian Belardi and the whole team enough for this great opportunity they are giving me and the trust they have placed in me, as well as my sponsors Marca Colombia and Coldeportes for their continued support. I look forward to a great season, winning many races, and the Indy Lights championship this year.”
Chaves is racing in this weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring with DeltaWing Racing Cars, in the unique DeltaWing DWC13 Elan-powered coupe.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 2
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2