Mar 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
With their third child due in less than three weeks, Matt Kenseth and wife Katie obviously need more room for their soon-to-be expanded family.
After all, things might get a little cramped in their current nearly 7,300-square-foot home.
That’s likely why the Kenseth’s have put their suburban Charlotte be up for sale.
According to RealtyToday.com, the European-style Matt-mansion, built in 2006, can very easily be had by a lucky fan of the driver of the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.
Sitting atop a three-quarter acre lot, and convenient to Charlotte Motor Speedway (the ad says it’s only 45 minutes, but you can make it in 30 if you push it), anyone with a cool $2.799 million can buy MK’s crib.
Although the house features “old world elegance,” according to the ad from listing agent Dorin Nash of Ivester Jackson Distinctive Properties, it likely won’t come with any of Kenseth’s race-winning trophies.
This isn’t some dive, for sure. It features five bedrooms, eight bathrooms (five full and three half), two master suites, a media room with a bar and an exercise room.
Outside, there’s a full-size swimming pool, spa, wood-burning fireplace and a private pier on Lake Norman.
If you didn’t know it was Kenseth’s house for sale, you could probably still take a guess it was a NASCAR driver’s home anyway: it features not one, but TWO garages – one for the family cars and one for Matt to putter around on his race car.
There’s no word on how big or where Kenseth’s next home will be, but hey, when you’ve got a growing family, you need all the room you can get, right?
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1